Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panguitch 8/1 - 8/2
Just a quick report, no pics taken this trip. Took the family and camper up to Panguitch, and once again the entire state of CA and NV were there. It was hot, the water had dropped probably 5-6' since we were there 3 weeks ago. This definitely changed the big fish bite we had going in our one area...so I had to brave the float tube/pontoon possey in tiger bay. Luckily I got on the water early around 0600, and it was just me and one other guy, with a couple bank fishermen. Had a great morning, but size was harder to come by then previous trips. Had to weed through the 14-16 inchers to get to the 20+ inchers. Usual flies were the ticket, with the usual shallow presentation. Caught a couple solid tigers, mostly bows and a couple nice cutts. Had to get off the water at 1000, and by then there was 30 guys tubing in that corner. I think I'll be done up there for this year. I'll hit the Weber river spawn next month, then Kolob in the fall.
Thanks for the report, glad to hear the fishing is still good despite the crowds and lower water. Where's tiger bay? Haha I'm not familiar with that one but I think I might know
(08-06-2020, 06:00 AM)Envenomation09 Wrote: Thanks for the report, glad to hear the fishing is still good despite the crowds and lower water. Where's tiger bay? Haha I'm not familiar with that one but I think I might know

It's definitely no secret...it's the inlet of Blue Spring Creek. Just look for the massive congregation of tubers, and that's the spot. The big tigers love that area this time of year!