Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard
Met with Pat today at the North Marina. Launched at 6:30 there about. The water in the Marina was calm and water temp was 76 and warmed up to 77 later on. No fish was harmed in the Marina and only a couple fishing boats launched early and a few more later. Outside the Marina the water was fairly calm but the bugs were awful. Got in the headnet early today. Started with a white whirly flig and white 3 inch gulp minnow on one rod and a blue and silver flig with a chub minnow on the other . Slow motored out to 16 ft of water making a few s turns . Saw fish at several different depth but no takers.  Headed north toward Eagle beach with the same speed and fligs. Had a few pop and drops on the white but they spit it pretty quick. After a bit I took the white off and put on a purple flig with piece of crawler and got a small cat to the tube. He was in 12 ft of water. That was it for quite a spell.  Got a pic of him and let him go. The pic didnt save for some reason. Then everything i touched either tangled of broke. 3 of my rods was an awful mess. Then I saw why the pic didnt save. The lens on the camera was almost all the way out. Glad I didnt loose it. Put the blue and silver flig back on and got a 24 in cat. Was able to hold the lens in and got o pic of that one. Got one more in the Eagle beach area but lost the lens on that one. She was a cookie cutter and thats all I got today. But no skunk and I had fun . Its aalways a pleasure to fish with Pat.[Image: DSCN2897.jpg]
Txs for the report. Looks like some cooler weather headed in next week. Will be intresting to see if you and Pat's catch ratio picks up with the change.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew