Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHECK IT OUT!!
(09-04-2020, 02:14 PM)catchinon Wrote: The other day when I was dead in the water while landing a fish the boat drifted in such a way that the line of my second rod got wrapped into the inner part of the prop. Tried everything to get it out and finally had to just cut it off short on both ends. Will that cause any problem? I have no idea how to pull it apart and get that bit of line out.

Craig, you want to get that line out ASAP, or you run the risk of the line cutting the seal.  There should be a nut on the outside and in the center of the prop that you can remove.  Be careful where you remove it because there is likely a pin inside that will fall out and can easily be lost (it is not difficult to put it back in, but only if you haven't lost it).
Way to go Lynn! You are having a year to remember for sure. Julie got one 14 pounds and 31 inches on Monday. Best cat to come in my boat so far and better than my PB.

Keep up the great work and watch out for Julie in your rearview mirror! Wink
(09-08-2020, 03:49 PM)Piscophilic Wrote: Way to go Lynn! You are having a year to remember for sure. Julie got one 14 pounds and 31 inches on Monday. Best cat to come in my boat so far and better than my PB.

Thanks Jim, you are right that fish was one to remember... I caught it again last night, and the night before that, and the night... well, you get the idea, easy to remember a PB.

Good on Julie for hauling in that 31 incher. I'll watch for her in my rearview mirror -- as long as she is waving a southern flag I'll gladly pull over and let her pass. I notice she ran right past you. I'm sure you find that very disappointing. Wink 

This might be the year we beat those northern guys. They have mauled us pretty good the past couple of years so it is about time we asserted our dominance. Sept. and Oct. should produce some big cats so let's keep after 'em.

Good luck!

Lynn aka BLK
(09-08-2020, 05:30 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 03:49 PM)Piscophilic Wrote: Way to go Lynn! You are having a year to remember for sure. Julie got one 14 pounds and 31 inches on Monday. Best cat to come in my boat so far and better than my PB.

Thanks Jim, you are right that fish was one to remember... I caught it again last night, and the night before that, and the night... well, you get the idea, easy to remember a PB.

Good on Julie for hauling in that 31 incher. I'll watch for her in my rearview mirror -- as long as she is waving a southern flag I'll gladly pull over and let her pass. I notice she ran right past you. I'm sure you find that very disappointing. Wink 

This might be the year we beat those northern guys. They have mauled us pretty good the past couple of years so it is about time we asserted our dominance. Sept. and Oct. should produce some big cats so let's keep after 'em.

Good luck!

Lynn aka BLK

Hey Lynn, this heavy wind storm will likely stir up the water and the Cats and spread them all over that place down there. 

And Jim is forgetting that 31.0 that Julie just caught, is her 2nd 31.0 incher this year, she had one back in June I think. 

Big Grin
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
That's an amazing fish Lynn, fun to have a weight too, it was about double the 30"ers weight... That's a lot of fish... Congrats... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!