Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unusual Catch at Deercreek Today
Fished Deercreek today and caught a 13 3/4” Black crappie.  Didn’t know there were any in there and have never seen one caught out[Image: 0-AA9462-F-697-A-484-F-AEBE-9-DAE5-D3-B86-F7.jpg] of there  Has anyone else caught crappie there?
Oh yes. I have caught them in Deer creek. They are showing up more and more each year. I have been fishing that lake for 11 years now and have watched it slowly become quite a nice crappie fishery. I have caught them in numerous locations and some really nice sized ones. 15 inches is the biggest I have caught there. I sure hope Deer creek freezes really nice this winter. It would be really fun to catch them through the ice. Of course my favorite fish to catch in Deer creek is the illusive walleye. I have caught them through the ice there. Nice catch.
Gabe
thats a dandy slab
I caught my first one back in the late nineties. It wasn't anywhere near the size of that one. That's a nice fish there.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Very nice Fred. I may have to give DC a go this winter.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I've seen a few reports this year with the larger crappie there at DC. I've been telling myself that I need to get up there, maybe if they get a good ice over this year it'll be worth the drive up.