Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wind Damage
Oh crap, high winds taking toll here. Neighbor across the street has 2 down trees outside his backyard next to the street, 1 in his backyard, he has a huge globe willow in the backyard which I can see his backyard neighbors house from the front of my house where leaves were stripped off. He also has a front RV access gate blown out. 
So far my front yard trees survived only to lose small branches, some dead limbs nature's way of pruning. My backyard trees held up only getting stripped of leaves and a portion of the east fence at the RV access gate blown out but will be fix for me. Just pick up panels & reinstall. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Not to bad up in Heber so far. Tipped over trash cans and some branches on the ground. Even tried to snow for a few minutes.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Dam you guys got off easy. Took the roof off my covered deck, blew over the swingset, picked up a rabbit hutch and moved it 50', lots of branches down in the yard.
[Image: KIMG0679.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0674.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0673.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0672.jpg]

Well we got our share of damage from the wind,  our Trampoline was not tied down and ended up across the street in my neighbors back yard . Luckily it did no damage to their vehicles but did bust up 1 metal gate section. On the way it tore down 2 sections of my fence in the front yard ( repaired now) and 3 dead trees on the back side of my pond fell over in the pond. But no serious damage.
I got lucky, our trampoline didn't move and it's not tied down either, but have talked to a few people that have had them blow away on Monday.
With 3 of my grandkids here yesterday, we got most of the tree limbs cleaned up and in the truck to haul to the landfill.
Got an 8 am appointment tomorrow morning at the body shop to get the repairs started on the wife's car, it took a light beating from one limb off the tree in the front yard.
A limb from the tree in the backyard came down on top of the travel trailer, so have to call and make an appointment to get the hole in the roof fixed.
Already have claims started with both insurance companies.
Will spend part of the weekend putting some soffit and fascia back up.
Other than no power for 38 hrs came out of it alright.
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
We didn't suffer any damage; however, we were without power since early Tuesday morning until about an hour ago. Fortunately, several years ago, I purchased a used generator, from Joni, that she listed for sale on here. I fired it up when I got it home but hadn't touched it since then. I was pleasantly surprised when it started on the second pull! It saved our freezer and fridge. Otherwise, we would be throwing out lots of food. If anyone knows how I can reach Joni, to express my appreciation, please let me know (she used to be a moderator on here).
(09-08-2020, 08:41 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Dam you guys got off easy. Took the roof off my covered deck, blew over the swingset, picked up a rabbit hutch and moved it 50', lots of branches down in the yard.
[Image: KIMG0679.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0674.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0673.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0672.jpg]

Any rabbits in that hutch ? Loose any?  My dad raised rabbits for years.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Thankfully no there wasn't. Not something I'd have thought would fly away either as heavy as it was. Funny a couple small pieces of plywood laying on my saw horse's didn't move. Watching a forest fire now behind the hose, came home to raining ash this afternoon.
Living in an apartment, I personally didn't have any damage. But was getting in my truck that morning, and just as I was about to pull out of the covered parking spot, a big pine tree  blew over in front and off to one side of me. Was like slow motion, pulled entire root ball out of the ground.   

[Image: 01-08-Sep-2020-wind-damage.jpg]

In 24 hours, the complex maintenance guys had it completely cleared away.  

[Image: 03-09-Sep-2020.jpg]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool