Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
Fished half day Monday and half day Tuesday, sonar showed quite a few fish on east side at 90 ft to 110 ft.  Trolled lots of different things with downrigger, and tried jigging, I have decided that my sonor lies, and there is no fish in this lake. Several other boats out fishing, I don't know how any of them did? Sure a good time to be out on the lake, only about a dozen trucks in the marina parking lot.
(09-16-2020, 12:58 AM)drpepper Wrote: Fished half day Monday and half day Tuesday, sonar showed quite a few fish on east side at 90 ft to 110 ft.  Trolled lots of different things with downrigger, and tried jigging, I have decided that my sonor lies, and there is no fish in this lake. Several other boats out fishing, I don't know how any of them did? Sure a good time to be out on the lake, only about a dozen trucks in the marina parking lot.
Also fished friday sunday and tuesday fishing was ok for me just with other fishermen had etiquette every day had someone pull up right next too me and start jigging or drop an anchor within 30 to 50 ft
(09-16-2020, 04:36 PM)Lundboy54 Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 12:58 AM)drpepper Wrote: Fished half day Monday and half day Tuesday, sonar showed quite a few fish on east side at 90 ft to 110 ft.  Trolled lots of different things with downrigger, and tried jigging, I have decided that my sonor lies, and there is no fish in this lake. Several other boats out fishing, I don't know how any of them did? Sure a good time to be out on the lake, only about a dozen trucks in the marina parking lot.
Also fished friday sunday and tuesday fishing was ok for me just with other fishermen had etiquette every day had someone pull up right next too me and start jigging or drop an anchor within 30 to 50 ft
I have never fished at Bear Lake. Were you catching Cutthroats or Lake Trout? Is now a good time to catch what ever you were targeting?
Hey Danny good to see you made it out on the pond... Sorry they were closed lipped... Seems like that lake is hot or cold for me... so I've seen my share of skunks over there... but every once in a while she makes up for it... That's what keeps me going back over the hill... Thanks for the report... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!