Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two reports in one!
Decided to see how much the water was cooling at Strawberry. Surface temps were 57 and the fish were very active. Early on fish were feeding on/near the surface and I had a lot of success using a washing line with a boobie on the end and some hanging nymphs in between. Later in the morning when the bite slowed down, I moved to some intermediate streamer action. They loved the white ghost the most. It seemed like as soon as it started moving through the water they hammered it. It should only get better from now on.
P.S. -  I doubled on my first retrieve.

[Image: IMG-E7536.jpg][Image: IMG-E7541.jpg][Image: IMG-E7550.jpg][Image: IMG-E7553.jpg][Image: IMG-E7545.jpg]

I also had a chance to fish another south slope stream I've never explored before. I have to admit that although the fish are smaller in size, the tactics involved (pick an approach), (creep and crouch), (make the cast), all the while taking in the amazing surroundings, make this type of fishing the most enjoyable for me. 

[Image: IMG-E7569.jpg][Image: IMG-E7568.jpg][Image: IMG-E7583.jpg]

free photo website[Image: IMG-E7579.jpg][Image: IMG-E7564.jpg]
Nice to hear thanks for the report. Where did you launch? I’m planning on taking a trip up there in the next couple of weeks. Looking for a easy access launch area with restrooms near by if I need them at my old age.
(09-16-2020, 07:45 PM)Sharknado Wrote: Nice to hear thanks for the report. Where did you launch? I’m planning on taking a trip up there in the next couple of weeks. Looking for a easy access launch area with restrooms near by if I need them at my old age.

I fished East Portal. Real easy access but unfortunately no restrooms.
Awesome...I imagined strawberry would be picking up with the recent cold snaps. We'll be up there next weekend, can't wait...should be perfect!
Looks like a great day!