Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mounting 4 Downriggers
I want to add 2 down riggers to my 20’ Wooldridge offshore welded aluminum boat for a total of 4. My thought is to use rail mounts and put cannon mag 5 off the side and run my Mag 10 with extendable booms off the back. Do any of you guys with this style of boats have 4 down riggers And have advice or pictures on the best way to mount and run 4 downriggers?
(09-19-2020, 01:37 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I want to add 2 down riggers to my 20’ Wooldridge offshore welded aluminum boat for a total of 4. My thought is to use rail mounts and put cannon mag 5 off the side and run my Mag 10 with extendable booms off the back. Do any of you guys with this style of boats have 4 down riggers And have advice or pictures on the best way to mount and run 4 downriggers?
I'm sure you have seen how Robert has his set up, with his extendable booms on the forward side and his shorter, non extendable rigger out the back. Unless there is a reason you can't do that, because of the style of your boat, that would be how I'd rig mine. There are two other members that have the same style boat as you, not sure if the look at this board much, so you might want to send them a PM, Dubob has a Thunderjet and 2knots has a ducksworth or something like that.