Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BRBR for birthday
Utah Lake and Willard Bay weather forecast were for winds at strengths that makes me decide not to put myself on the water. So took a drive up to Bear River Bird Refuge.  Been maybe 2 weeks since I was last up there. 
River level is still high in the main body, most of the out feed irrigation gates are still closed. But the gates at the bottom bridges are all allowing flow over them. More than there has been for quite awhile. I'm sure they are open to push water thru to the water fowl hunting area north, west, and south of the bridges. 

Soaked bait in 2 spots and stayed in my truck to avoid the swarms of skeeters. About the last hour I was there, the wind came up hard enough to disperse all the pesky bugs and flies. 

Had lots of nibbles, pop and drops, and bait theft perpetrated by small Cats. Changed one line to a smaller bait hook and finally got one small  kitty on my just about last piece of bait.   Cool

[Image: 079-22-Sep-2020-0737-a-m.jpg]  [Image: 081.jpg]  [Image: 080-1120-a-m-Pelican-Parade.jpg]  [Image: 082-1132-a-m-small-cat-CPR.jpg]

Bottom of bridges                   Pelican Parade                       Pelican Parade (zoomed)        1 Kitty skunk breaker    Dodgy
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Thats not encouraging. Cookie and i were pondering a run that way for the same reasons - wind forecast

BTW - happy bday
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(09-22-2020, 09:17 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Thats not encouraging. Cookie and i were pondering a run that way for the same reasons - wind forecast

BTW - happy bday

Wind forecasts for tomorrow are much better.

Thanks. I'm OFFICIALLY and Old FxxT now  Tongue
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Happy birthday to bad no big kitties came to play.