Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Wednesday 23rd
[Image: 52-A5-A135-75-C7-4-EF7-B84-C-80655-FB58-AD9.jpg]First time tubing Strawberry spent a couple of hours kicking around. Only caught two one was this 18in rainbow. Other was a smaller but very thick rainbow as well. Intermediate line with bigger fish on a black Carey special smaller on a Stillwater nymph. Water still in the high 50’s and lots of algae in the water column.  Need a return visit in a couple of weeks. Launched at mud creek.
(09-24-2020, 06:47 PM)Sharknado Wrote: [Image: 52-A5-A135-75-C7-4-EF7-B84-C-80655-FB58-AD9.jpg]First time tubing Strawberry spent a couple of hours kicking around. Only caught two one was this 18in rainbow. Other was a smaller but very thick rainbow as well. Intermediate line with bigger fish on a black Carey special smaller on a Stillwater nymph. Water still in the high 50’s and lots of algae in the water column.  Need a return visit in a couple of weeks. Launched at mud creek.
Hate to tell you this, but that photo is a cutthroat, not a rainbow.
Well that checks off another variety on my list. Having never caught a cutthroat thought it was a rainbow.
(09-24-2020, 08:10 PM)Sharknado Wrote: Having never caught a cutthroat thought it was a rainbow.

You sure you've never caught a cutthroat?  Maybe you've caught more than you think!
Wink
(09-25-2020, 03:07 PM)PBH Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 08:10 PM)Sharknado Wrote: Having never caught a cutthroat thought it was a rainbow.

You sure you've never caught a cutthroat?  Maybe you've caught more than you think!
Wink
At my age I’m lucky to remember to put the lid down. So you never know
my old man sent me a got 47 yesterday text with a couple +20
hes comin down for dinner tonight so i didnt text back for details
but im gonna guess outta renegade tow trucking polar bunny leaches or crystal boogers on a type 3 full sink outta the Scrandon
cause its his usual mo
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom