Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockfish Limits & One Small Butt
Its been a while but I thought I'd post the catch out of Seward AK a couple weeks ago. Found the school of black rockfish and got limits pretty quick. Also got one small halibut. Rockfish made great fish tacos!! This year the key was finding the right spots to target the fish and having a capable boat to get 30 to 80 miles out!!

[Image: The-haul.jpg][Image: Tacos.jpg]
That looks like a heck of a catch it's my dream to go after halibut. Tacos look delicious
rockfish are one of my favorite fish to eat. Fantastic!
I prefer rockfish over halibut, but it's close. The worst thing to do with halibut is to over cook it. Of course it needs to be fresh too. The larger halibut are typically farther out. Its all about finding the right spots though!!
(09-24-2020, 10:09 PM)Quicky Wrote: Its been a while but I thought I'd post the catch out of Seward AK a couple weeks ago. Found the school of black rockfish and got limits pretty quick. Also got one small halibut. Rockfish made great fish tacos!! This year the key was finding the right spots to target the fish and having a capable boat to get 30 to 80 miles out!!

I love fishing the salt in Alaska. It looks like you had a good trip!  One of the reasons I think I like Koke fishing down here....  reminds me of a scaled down trip for Silvers in Alaska.....
(09-26-2020, 04:06 PM)Hookinup Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 10:09 PM)Quicky Wrote: Its been a while but I thought I'd post the catch out of Seward AK a couple weeks ago. Found the school of black rockfish and got limits pretty quick. Also got one small halibut. Rockfish made great fish tacos!! This year the key was finding the right spots to target the fish and having a capable boat to get 30 to 80 miles out!!

I love fishing the salt in Alaska. It looks like you had a good trip!  One of the reasons I think I like Koke fishing down here....  reminds me of a scaled down trip for Silvers in Alaska.....
I grew up fishing the flaming gorge. If the wife makes us move back down south the only state I will settle on is Wyoming. The gorge for the salmon and up north-north east for the walleye. Big game hunting here is more like big game harvesting. Down south hunting is almost only for sport anymore. Here it's to fill the freezer for most and sport for some.