Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber/Middle Provo 9/25 & 9/26
Got up North to my home waters last weekend. Hit my usual Weber spot, and knew it may still be a little early given the warm weather they've had recently. The flows were perfect, water clarity perfect....just the big brownies hadn't all moved up quite yet. I still managed a solid 20 fish, with a 20" brown and cutt as the biggest fish of the morning. None of the 22"+ spawning class though, that are usually moved up. I was surprised to catch as many cutts as I did browns this trip, and only one whitie. I guess with the browns not stacked in there, the cutts had more opportunity to get to my flies. I will be back up in 3 weeks, should be prime by then! Also made a very quick road-side stop on the middle Provo between golf rounds. Caught one little brown in the picture. Wish I had had more time to fish the middle Provo, love that stretch!

[Image: Screenshot-20200925-120414-Video-Player.jpg][Image: Screenshot-20200925-120359-Video-Player.jpg]

[/url][Image: Screenshot-20200925-120620-Video-Player.jpg]

[url=https://ibb.co/W3yKLK3][Image: Screenshot-20200925-120556-Video-Player.jpg]
Great looking fish. Were you fishing the Middle or Lower Weber? Also, looking forward to Big Browns.
Looks like a good day on the Weeb!
(09-30-2020, 03:39 PM)Browntrout Wrote: Great looking fish.  Were you fishing the Middle or Lower Weber?  Also, looking forward to Big Browns.

Lower Weber. A few more weeks and it should get amazing!
(10-02-2020, 02:15 PM)richyd4u Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 03:39 PM)Browntrout Wrote: Great looking fish.  Were you fishing the Middle or Lower Weber?  Also, looking forward to Big Browns.

Lower Weber. A few more weeks and it should get amazing!
I spend most of my time on the Middle.  But since I was forced into COVID retirement I plan to do more exploring on the Lower.
I look forward to seeing those pictures of Big Browns.
Love this time of year. Sounds like an amazing trip. Nice work!