Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schoolie stripers are here big ones to follow.
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Fishing Report May 17, 2004[/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Well the Stripers have started to arrive in NH. Like all good snowbirds the Stripers spend their winter in warmer waters and head up to NH to spend the entire summer.[/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]They know where the good life is, and upon arriving at the end of May they stay until the cold water temps invade our coastline. [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Went out today and caught over 20 schoolies between 16-20 inches. The fish are currently small but that is right on track for the bigger fish to start arriving within the next week or two. There have been some reports of bigger fish being taken and I saw a number of larger fish follow up the schoolies being brought to the side of the boat. [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]This time of year it is important to find the warmer water for the largest concentrations of fish. For the schoolie size fish, plastic shad imitators, maribou jigs, and rattle traps proved most successful for me. Fly fisherman also do well this time of year. [/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]It is only a short matter of time before the incredible striper fishing found in NH is back into full swing. [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Last year we caught fish on every trip and most trips yielded 15-30 fish. On 95% of our trips we caught keeper size Striped Bass. All reports indicate that this will be another incredible year for Striped Bass fishing in NH. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Tight lines, [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Capt. Joel.[/size][/font]www.nhsaltwaterfishing.com
[signature]
just wondering you are holding up, I know the gas prices have been a killer for most all of us and it had me wondering if you will still be porting out of NH in 2006
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Great report. Sounds like the populations are continuing to improve.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]What are the potentials for shore anglers or those using tubes or pontoons. Any protected areas for fishing in inflatables?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks, Captain. I am moderator of the float tubing board. I have fished from tubes at different places along the east coast, but almost always in protected bays, and on the right tides. I always strongly advise tubers and tooners to stay out of heavy currents and to know their limitations.[/#0000ff]
[signature]