Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Cat Fishing Contest Final Standings
It was a different contest this year, that's for sure. Contest started same time as the BFT host site change, and the covid-19 lock downs.  But most of the really hard core Cat chasers finally got on to the new site, figured out the new site format and stuck with it thru all the growing pains. 

On March 20, the North team 3 time past champ Ahi1953 (John) jumped out to an early 3 fish full bracket lead with 80.0 points.  2 days later SkunkedAgain (Jeff) filled his 3 brackets for 73.5 points.  After that it was "fight-on". 

By September 5th, the South team has hammered away  with 18 Cats in the 30 inch and more size range, and BLK (Lynn) posting a contest record with a 34.0 inch Utah Lake monster. 

There is a North-South tie for largest youth total score of 51.5 between Josh.gaardvark -  North and Catslayer -South, but the largest youth Cat honor goes to  Josh.gaardvark - North Team 27.5 inches. 

On October 23rd, the last update to the contest standings were published. As of midnight Oct. 31st, the official end of the contest, there were no new contest posts. 
I have checked back thru all the posts, and I'm pretty sure I've got an accurate final score. I have also requested that Jeff do a double check as a second pair of eyes. 

Pending a final review by Jeff,  below are the final standings for the 2020 BFT Utah Cat Fishing Contest.

[Image: 044-2020-Cat-Contest-FINAL-Standings-1-Nov-1.jpg]

Congrats to all the winners, and thanks to all that participated. I think this is probably one of the biggest, most attended, best participated, non money winning fishing contests I have seen.  
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Forest, et all
I have verified the numbers from my separate spreadsheet and concur with Forests results. Looks like team south is the big winners this year. Congratulations you guys really brought it this year. I don’t ever remember so many different people catching fish 30” and over. It’s been a great year for the catfish contest. 

With the continuing COVID-19 crisis we feel it’s in the best interest of all to not have the annual banquet. Which is really a shame BLK should have his day as 2020 Catfish King. I’ll get the trophy updated with your accomplishment and Lynn, you’ll have to let me know how to get it to you. Been a long season with lots of twists and turns. Congrats everyone on your personal accomplishments, I’ll bet there were lots of personal bests this year. Thanks all for participating. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
This year was probably the best cat contest we have had with more participants and more fish entered. It is always fun to see the pics and posts of all the catters. I had the chance to meet more of the cataholics in person this year and it was always a pleasure to trade lies about the monsters that got away. Lots of really good people.

My 34 incher was a pb but it did fall a bit short of that 36 incher i have been chasing for the past ten years. Next year for sure. My best of the year did not even give me a score bump. It was the 31 incher that weighed in at 18+pounds. Most 30-33 inch cats usually weigh around 10 to 13 pounds or so and to find one heavier than that is kinda rare. My 31 inch 18+ pound cat was a very solid and heavy fish -- no pot belly, just solid muscle. I'll be looking for him again next year.

[Image: DSC01218-2.jpg]  [Image: DSC01194.jpg]
31 and 34 inch

A special thanks to Jeff and Forest for scoring and recording all the entries. Looking forward to next year.

Lynn aka BLK
Congrats Lynn you deserve it, you defiantly have put your time in chasing those things.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]