Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No such thing as species specific lures
There is no such thing as lures that will only catch panfish much less a particular species. In fact many lures catch all species of freshwater fish all the time that fish are prone to attack. I can routinely catch four species on one lure in the same lake on the same day anytime I go out. 

Any lure front closest to the line tie that fits easily into it's mouth (though not always so) and has the right shape and action, will get bit given a slow and unsteady retrieve. The lure shown is a new design I came up with that increases the body bulk that's connected to a thin flat tail.

A Crappie Magnet tail was attached to the same body and did well on the same lake on the same day :
[Image: 4e2fl3G.jpg]    

The bulbous tail does well:
[Image: D0YBbzO.jpg?1]

As does the claw:
[Image: 57CVEQH.jpg?1]

A light jig head with proper hook size makes all the difference. No point in trying to catch fish on a lure that has to large a hook or has a heavy jig that must be retrieved faster. Fish don't prefer faster. Most IMO are just hanging out suspended and get provoked into striking one of a thousand lures (the right lures) worked the right way.
[Image: QuH0gnE.jpg]

This size crappie is nothing to sneeze at! Small lures do catch very large fish.
(04-01-2021, 09:40 PM)SENKOSAMSON Wrote: This size crappie is nothing to sneeze at! Small lures do catch very large fish.
Are you a new member or are you and SENKOSAM(SS) one in the same? If you are a new member then welcome to the site, if you are SS, do you want your old username back?
(04-01-2021, 10:38 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 09:40 PM)SENKOSAMSON Wrote: This size crappie is nothing to sneeze at! Small lures do catch very large fish.
Are you a new member or are you and SENKOSAM(SS) one in the same? If you are a new member then welcome to the site, if you are SS, do you want your old username back?
Yes I would please.
Tried over and over to get a new password and gave up after entering Activation Codes as the first step.