Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
electric fillet knife
I would like to purchase an electric fillet knife for my father. I am getting mixed reviews from people about a good brand/knife. Does anyone have a suggestion? (He fishes mostly for bluegill.)
Thanks for your help.
[signature]
I don't know about brands but look for length and flexiblility and also you want to make sure that the brand will be around for a while so you can get replacement blades. I have also used a regular electric meat knife before I got the fillet knife. You might also consider the 12volt type for the times out in the field.
[signature]
arandygail,Very thoughtfull of you to get one for your father.
I use a Rapala 110v-12v. It is the only knife I know of that has the 6" blade. I have filleted well over a 1000 with my pair. Even better would be to get a 12v model and a 7 amp gell cell to go with it, making it totally portable. I can clean a 100 gills easily without charge on mine.
If I ever have to get another knife it will be a 12V Rapala for sure.
[signature]
+1 for the rapala. You can use it at home or hook it up to your car battery and use it in the field. I wont fillet a fish without and electric knife again!!
[signature]
The electric knives now days are awesome. Just do a Google search and do your research. I have used and tried different ones and I use the Rapala with the ion battery. Good luck

Capt. Alan
Galveston Bay Fishing Guides
Fishing Charters Galveston