Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020-2021 Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - Standings
[Image: 02-2020-2021-Utah-Ice-Challenge-test.jpg]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Great, I am tied for first place!
(12-03-2020, 06:38 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: [Image: 02-2020-2021-Utah-Ice-Challenge-test.jpg]
Hey! That looks fabulous. Thanks for being the record keeper for this fun Challenge.
(12-04-2020, 12:37 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: Great, I am tied for first place!

that didn't last long............ Big Grin

Cool
joatmon posts first scores

[Image: 02-2020-2021-Utah-Ice-Challenge-standings-4-Dec-20.jpg]

Cool
Standings 7 Dec 2020   

[Image: 03-2020-2021-Utah-Ice-Challenge-7-Dec-20.jpg]

Cool
 Standings 11 Dec 2020

[Image: 04-2020-2021-Utah-Ice-Challenge-11-Dec-20.jpg]

Cool
STANDINGS  13 Dec 20

[Image: 05-2020-2021-Utah-Ice-Challenge-13-Dec-20.jpg]

Cool
Standings  16 Dec 2020

[Image: 06-2020-2021-Utah-Ice-Challenge-16-Dec-20.jpg]

Cool
STANDINGS 20 Dec 20  

[Image: 07-2020-2021-Utah-Ice-Challenge-20-Dec-20.jpg]

Cool
(12-20-2020, 11:52 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: STANDINGS 20 Dec 20  

Hey Forest, can you move the top score overall to the top line and then second in the next line and etc so we can see placement by position on the chart. Ron is looking really good there that 24” brown is a tank for this early in the season. Way to go Ron. Also Trevor’s tank perch is really ruining my hopes for a panfish challenge this year. Lot of great fish for this time of the contest, going to be hard to stay competitive. Congrats all. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(12-21-2020, 06:57 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 04:38 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:

Hey Forest, can you move the top score overall to the top line and then second in the next line and etc so we can see placement by position on the chart. Ron is looking really good there that 24” brown is a tank for this early in the season. Way to go Ron. Also Trevor’s tank perch is really ruining my hopes for a panfish challenge this year. Lot of great fish for this time of the contest, going to be hard to stay competitive. Congrats all. Later Jeff

Jeff. I believe that the top score is already on the top line.....?  joatmon has a total of  77.5 "   I have that "Total Inches" column set to sort highest to lowest.   With the 3 new posts I see this morning, new standings will be posted below.

STANDINGS UPDATE 21 DEC 20

[Image: 08-2020-2021-Utah-Ice-Challenge-21-Dec-20.jpg]
Forest, total inches is one of the prizes, but it's not the contest winner.  Reference rules 5 and 8 that explains about the adding of each persons rank in each category being added together for a composite score and the lowest composite score is the highest ranking person in the contest.  It's like a golf score...  For instance if an angler is 2nd place in panfish, 5th place in trout and 3rd in bass and first in predator and second in open class .  Their score would be 2+5+3+1+2=11 points   If another angler had a composite score of 7 then this angler would be lower in the ranking than the 7 score.... Did I make any sense on my explanation?  What we try to do is find the person that has done the best in each category and they are our composite winner... It's really a strategic  contest to work your numbers so you can get to the top... Pure inches is a factor, but it doesn't tell the tale of multi species proficiency, that's why it's a sub award in the contest like the largest number of species caught...  Anyway I hope that was clear, I'm not the best at explaining stuff... Let me know... Jeff
Jeff, my psychologists said just give everyone a partipation award. Seems to be the thing these days...

Craig....FYI this is one of those times I am being sarcastic ?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(12-22-2020, 07:41 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 05:58 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 04:38 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:

Jeff. I believe that the top score is already on the top line.....?  joatmon has a total of  77.5 "   I have that "Total Inches" column set to sort highest to lowest.   With the 3 new posts I see this morning, new standings will be posted below.

Forest, total inches is one of the prizes, but it's not the contest winner.  Reference rules 5 and 8 that explains about the adding of each persons rank in each category being added together for a composite score and the lowest composite score is the highest ranking person in the contest.  It's like a golf score...  For instance if an angler is 2nd place in panfish, 5th place in trout and 3rd in bass and first in predator and second in open class .  Their score would be 2+5+3+1+2=11 points   If another angler had a composite score of 7 then this angler would be lower in the ranking than the 7 score.... Did I make any sense on my explanation?  What we try to do is find the person that has done the best in each category and they are our composite winner... It's really a strategic  contest to work your numbers so you can get to the top... Pure inches is a factor, but it doesn't tell the tale of multi species proficiency, that's why it's a sub award in the contest like the largest number of species caught...  Anyway I hope that was clear, I'm not the best at explaining stuff... Let me know... Jeff 

Jeff, No I don't golf, so not really sure which score you want to track, but I'll tinker with it and see what happens.  
Forest - We want to track the score (rank), which is the first column. You just need to sort by the first column from smallest to largest instead of sorting by the second column.
Thanks Ron, the engineer in me, ties my Tongue and I make things all confusing. Thank you. Jeff
(12-23-2020, 05:50 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 08:13 PM)hookngrinin Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 07:41 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 05:58 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:

Jeff, No I don't golf, so not really sure which score you want to track, but I'll tinker with it and see what happens.  
Forest - We want to track the score (rank), which is the first column. You just need to sort by the first column from smallest to largest instead of sorting by the second column.

Ron, I finally got that answer from Jeff.  You know an old saying we've had in A.F. aircraft maintenance, "engineers make it work on paper, but it's us mechanics that have to interpret it to make it work on the aircraft".  And sometimes all it takes is the engineer saying it in easy, basic, english.   Smile   Confused .  

I had already "filtered" the top headers so I could then "sort" any column, any way needed.  That's been done now. Next standings should reflect what is wanted.   Thanks for stating in one clear sentence what was needed.    Big Grin

You're welcome, Forest. It really is quite simple, especially to the one that designed and built it.  Smile
Sorry I Confused things, but I appreciate you getting it fixed. It really isn’t too complicated if i didn’t try and explain it. Man puts me in the bottom of the pack. I better try harder. Later Jeff
Standings update .  

Have a SAFE and Merry Christmas and a HEALTHY and Happy New Year. 

[Image: 09-2020-2021-Utah-Ice-Challenge-24-Dec-20.jpg]

Cool
 Post Christmas Standings   

Several new fish and some BUMPS  

[Image: 010-2020-2021-Utah-Ice-Challenge-26-Dec-20.jpg]

Cool
New Standings 

Last one for 2020.  Happy New Year ya'll