Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020/2021 Ice Challenge SkunkedAgain
(01-31-2021, 04:16 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Look good to post Jeff. I hear the burbot fishing was down for many at the bash. How did your group do?
Hey Lance, We weren't entered in the bash, but still fished for burbot at night while we were there..  I got two Joe and Brandon got 6 one night and a couple on the first night... Then we had two guys from Rock Springs that were friends with Joe and they probably got 20 fish in 3 nights...  But they all thought it was way slow compared to usual...  Since it was my second time I didn't have much to compare it with..., but I thought it was pretty slow... Sure was a ton of fishermen showed up on Friday and Saturday... I couldn't believe how many people hit the ice..  We heard that the guides were saying the fish had moved south to the buckboard area and we were fishing just south of the confluence so maybe that was our problem...  I did cook up my burbot this time, and they are pretty good.... Not sure about everyone saying they taste like lobster, i just couldn't see that, but they were good... may have to learn how to prepare them better to get a lobster taste out of them...  Steve from Rock Springs had one burbot that was probably 28", but the rest were 22 and smaller I think.. I was really happy with the fight of the burbot, they are a fun fish to catch...  Later Jeff

(01-31-2021, 04:27 PM)DailyAngler Wrote: Nice looking fish!
Thanks they were fun to catch.... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020/2021 Ice Challenge SkunkedAgain - by SkunkedAgain - 02-01-2021, 08:13 PM
RE: 2020/2021 Ice Challenge SkunkedAgain - by Fritzfishin - 02-01-2021, 12:40 AM