Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registration Notice
DMV is no longer sending out notices for vehicle registration thru the snail mail system. I was wondering why I never got a notice for my Escalade on Dec 1. I found out thru their website you can fill out a request to have it sent to your email. This is the new paper trail.

https://dmv.utah.gov
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
You are correct, guess its saving the state a lot of money, wonder what they are they are doing with their savings, LOL. You can sign up all your vehicles from that website. The system apparently has been working well according to what we've experienced so far, and asking about it at our DMV in Morgan.
I knew they weren't sending out notices, so I got all signed up with them to receive an email reminder. Unfortunately, I did not receive an email reminder and drove several months on expired plates.
(12-15-2020, 07:05 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: I knew they weren't sending out notices, so I got all signed up with them to receive an email reminder.  Unfortunately, I did not receive an email reminder and drove several months on expired plates.
 Its terrible to hear this news. Was this only on one of your vehicles? 

Maybe it was a software glitch the day you signed them all up - or like everything else, due to the Covid pandemic.  Wink
I found that out several weeks ago, posted on BFT, don't remember where.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(12-16-2020, 03:44 PM)jjannie Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 07:05 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: I knew they weren't sending out notices, so I got all signed up with them to receive an email reminder.  Unfortunately, I did not receive an email reminder and drove several months on expired plates.
 Its terrible to hear this news. Was this only on one of your vehicles? 

I won't know until later, because my other vehicle expires the end of June.
My understanding is for every registered item needs to be submitted for an email reminder. Also has to be resubmitted every year on all your registrations.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(12-18-2020, 01:01 AM)Bduck Wrote: My understanding is for every registered item needs to be submitted for an email reminder. Also has to be resubmitted every year on all your registrations.
Now THAT is bovine excrement of the highest odor.  It seems Utah government agencies go out of their way to hire morons and put them in charge of new program development.  Website rules prevent me from saying what I really think.

[Image: a9qgeOu.jpg]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(12-18-2020, 01:01 AM)Bduck Wrote: My understanding is for every registered item needs to be submitted for an email reminder. Also has to be resubmitted every year on all your registrations.
 I'd have to check with our DMV office next time we are in town, I hadn't heard it had to be renewed every year. Also I recently read, they are going to give one mailed notice telling folks they'll need to go online to register an email with them. It would be nice if once you put in your info, they could just link all your registrations at once but I realize that's likely asking for too much.  Tongue 

It's all a process, it'll take time to work out any issues or bugs. Keeps us all on on our toes, right?
They are doing something special just for me. Instead of an email, they gave me cute colorful stickers to remind me the month and the year to renew.
(12-26-2020, 12:14 AM)RonPaulFan Wrote: They are doing something special just for me.  Instead of an email, they gave me cute colorful stickers to remind me the month and the year to renew.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."