Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice camping prep & set up
Have you ever seen those thermal powered fans that are made for use over cast iron heaters? They should work nicely for those camping to move the heat around in the tent, especially the larger tents, and no batteries required.
Hey Jill, I had heard of them, but wasn't very familiar with them, so I got a small battery powered fan from Amazon... Used it last trip and it evened out the heat a little, but I really didn't have to leave it on very long to make the whole tent feel comfortable.. But your recommendation is a great idea... Nice to save batteries anywhere possible... Last trip I put a tractor deep cycle battery in my tent, it was heavy but lasted two days running lights, fish finder and UV lights... Then I hooked it up to my generator and charged it the last day as I moved out to deep water looking for Mac... When I returned everything was charged and worked great to finish the trip out... These sleepers are really nice the features you can add to them, almost like having an RV on ice... without the weight of an ice castle... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(02-04-2021, 03:48 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Hey Jill, I had heard of them, but wasn't very familiar with them, so I got a small battery powered fan from Amazon... Used it last trip and it evened out the heat a little, but I really didn't have to leave it on very long to make the whole tent feel comfortable.. But your recommendation is a great idea... Nice to save batteries anywhere possible... Last trip I put a tractor deep cycle battery in my tent, it was heavy but lasted two days running lights, fish finder and UV lights... Then I hooked it up to my generator and charged it the last day as I moved out to deep water looking for Mac... When I returned everything was charged and worked great to finish the trip out...  These sleepers are really nice the features you can add to them, almost like having an RV on ice... without the weight of an ice castle... Later Jeff
 We looked on YouTube where a guy was using them over his Mr. heater, so I looked them up on Amazon to see what they offered and it seems they were really well liked. Since we've switched to a smaller tent we're not sure we'll need one but thought on the larger tents it could be especially helpful.
Hey Jill I looked them up and they are pretty cool, but also pretty expensive compared to a battery fan... I got my fan and batteries for less than 20% of the cost, so I expect I'll be money ahead, especially since the one I got is small compact and easy to pack and take along without worry of damage.. I'm not sure how durable those thermal fans would be... I really like the idea but they may not be as practical for this kind of function...just my decision process I guess.. Thanks so much for pointing them out, I really like the engineering behind them, it was fun to see how they would work...Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!