Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memories of my T40X Salmon-Steelhead Rod!
Okuma's NEW Replacement Series Is The Guide Select Pro!

For years this has been my favorite rod for medium light dunking (bait casting) to whipping (spin casting). I had 6 models. Casting to spinning. Now i'm using a Guide Select Pro 9'9" 2pc spinning rod with a Helios SX40 spooled with 15lb Eminent Braid by Soft Steel for my day & night activities. Sometimes using lighter gear is great for "feeling" the bite!

I've caught a great variety of inshore species using the T40X over the years. The largest was a GT weighing 32lb to even slightly heavier Eagle Nose Rays. My main targeted day species are Jack Trevallies & at night it's Mackerel Scads. So i'm going to show the species i'm most used to catching & landing day & night using this rod. The reels always differed back then. The one +10ft rod i used a 4K spinner, the rest from 6-10ft i used 3K spinners.

I'd recommend the same reel sizes for the Guide Select Pro as well. I'll provide the time indexes to the following catches-
GT Strike- The Beginning.
Bluefin Trevally- 0:32
White Trevally "Papio"- 2:02
Cow Nose Eagle Ray- 3:50
Mackerel Scad "Akule"- 10:02
Red Bigeyes "Aweoweo"- 10:22

Others species caught have included Cornet Fish, Barracudas, Leatherbacks, Snappers, Small Sharks & Threadfins to name just a few.

https://youtu.be/e7_oPZDrIOM[Image: IMG-9743.jpg][Image: Cover.jpg]