Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Magic put me under its spell, Thanks Randy!
Epic day at Magic, catching 10in.perch and football rainbows and feisty browns. Dead Stick was the ticket today. Drop down, jig the water column, bounce the bottom a few time reel up 1 foot put rod in holder and wait for a fish to appear on the graph then pick up the rod and catch the fish, wash, rinse and repeat. Used my favorite jig that catch’s everything Perch, trout and Kokanee if you look close you can see my set ups. 8.6 fow East Side, caught the trout on meal worm and the perch on meal worm and eyeball on the jaw jacker.

Attached Files Image(s)

I always try and hit Magic around the first of the year. It was fun turning Shawn on to it. Shawn, it's called the East side. Lol

[Image: 20201229-120609.jpg]

[Image: 20201229-120634.jpg]

And of course we had Dakota.

[Image: 20201229-120618.jpg]

[Image: 20201229-124227.jpg]
Well done guys, congrats on a great day
Nice report guys, looks like a great trip. How long were those trout?
(12-30-2020, 06:09 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice report guys, looks like a great trip. How long were those trout?
Small ones where 16” the larger ones 20+ biggest bow was about 4lb. They where very healthy with big shoulders.
Nice haul guys!
great catch! how thick is the ice up there? Also, do you know if there is a place to park a camping trailer and stay overnight? me and some buddies were thinking of going up there next weekend or the next and was curious if thats possible? TIA
(01-05-2021, 09:31 PM)Twag1234 Wrote: great catch! how thick is the ice up there? Also, do you know if there is a place to park a camping trailer and stay overnight? me and some buddies were thinking of going up there next weekend or the next and was curious if thats possible? TIA
The ice was over a foot thick and there where campers parked on the shore along the lake near the boat ramp on the east side when we where there a week ago
(01-06-2021, 12:46 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 09:31 PM)Twag1234 Wrote: great catch! how thick is the ice up there? Also, do you know if there is a place to park a camping trailer and stay overnight? me and some buddies were thinking of going up there next weekend or the next and was curious if thats possible? TIA
The ice was over a foot thick and there where campers parked on the shore along the lake near the boat ramp on the east side when we where there a week ago
Great, thanks for the info. Is there any cell service there as I’m sure my wife will ask. Haha
Lol, yes there is
(01-06-2021, 02:14 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Lol, yes there is
Hahaha thanks man!