Poll: Which do you think
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rainbow
0%
0 0%
Cutthroat
100.00%
38 100.00%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What kind of trout is this?
I'm in an argument with my step dad on this. I believe it's a rainbow. He swears it's a cutthroat. 

I want to settle this.

(01-12-2021, 03:05 AM)dssjr85 Wrote: I'm in an argument with my step dad on this. I believe it's a rainbow. He swears it's a cutthroat. 

I want to settle this.
First off, Welcome to the site. I'm going to move your post to the Utah board where you will get a lot more replies.
My guess, cutthroat but did it have a orange slash under the throat?
Cutthroat - remember any markings of a cutthroat is considered a cutthroat, the spotting, the redder fins, and even the tail shape all appear to be considered a cutthroat.
Definitely a cutthroat! Beautiful big fish!
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
Step dad is right!
100% a cutthroat. Increasing large black spots near the tail, fewer spots towards the head, orange fins (rainbows are gray), and that small bit of red on the chin. That's a cutthroat.
Cutthroat, although sometimes hard to tell in a photo or on the ice. Rainbows usually have white tips on the fins. Beautiful fish!

jack of all tackle, master of none
(01-12-2021, 03:05 AM)dssjr85 Wrote: I'm in an argument with my step dad on this. I believe it's a rainbow. He swears it's a cutthroat. 

I want to settle this.
Definitely a cutthroat

I want to settle this.
Definitely a Cutts.   Here is a rainbow.[Image: Snapchat-1759355520.jpg]
Looks like a dead one.
the elusive cuttcarp, super rare.
Cutthroat

I want to settle this.
Cutthroat fo sure. Spots fin color and tail shape. Remember not all cutthroats have throat slashing and some rainbows do. Go by tail fins and spots
It's a cutt, where did you catch it?
You lose! Cutt.
Definitely Cutty
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Thanks all for the replies. I admitted to him tonight that I was wrong.
(01-19-2021, 03:55 AM)dssjr85 Wrote: Thanks all for the replies. I admitted to him tonight that I was wrong.
Did he rip his belt through the loops and whoop you? Jk. It takes a big person to admit when they are incorrect.
Cutty all the way...