Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Found The Pineview Crappie MOTHERLOAD!
Video Link: https://youtu.be/lNRXmxx7-dc

Me and Big Outdoors Headed up to Pineview Reservoir to target Crappie with a subscriber and good friend Bode!

We were fishing About 50 yards from the Port Ramp Marina in 40 feet of water. We were using Little UV Tungsten Jigs tipped with nightcrawler/Crappie Nibble/Wax Worm.

Drop down to the bottom and then reel at a medium pace until you get to the top of the school. Then wait because they were chasing lure aggressively! However, the bit was SO LIGHT! So bring a light action rod.

We Were fish in this near the area... 
https://goo.gl/maps/X2RVUJeMTdKuU2hP7
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
Thanks for the report!  I will be up that way this afternoon for work, but hope to get on the ice between 3--4pm.  Any color combination work better than another?
(01-12-2021, 02:17 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: Thanks for the report!  I will be up that way this afternoon for work, but hope to get on the ice between 3--4pm.  Any color combination work better than another?
Chartreuse green tipped with a crappie nibble seemed to be the best. Fish in 40 feet of water and drop your jig to the bottom then reel up about a foot above the school and you should do just fine!
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
(01-12-2021, 03:38 PM)Backyard Boy T.V. Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 02:17 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: Thanks for the report!  I will be up that way this afternoon for work, but hope to get on the ice between 3--4pm.  Any color combination work better than another?
Chartreuse green tipped with a crappie nibble seemed to be the best. Fish in 40 feet of water and drop your jig to the bottom then reel up about a foot above the school and you should do just fine!

Great - thanks for the info!
Imagine someone didn't have sonar/flasher. How high is "a foot above the school" ?
(01-12-2021, 11:30 PM)Springbuck1 Wrote: Imagine someone didn't have sonar/flasher.  How high is "a foot above the school" ?
We were catching them anywhere in the water column. But they would only fighting when they could chase the lure up. so drop down to the bottom and real life about 5 to 10 cranks and you should do good!
You keep fishing and posting them videos. I hope Cookie and I don't miss the whole ice season, but it sure makes it easier to deal with when I get to see some young bucks having fun for us.

Chase'n them slabs at night sure is fun.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I would love to see some more ice fishing videos on your channel this year!