Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Ice Thickness
Considering ice fishing Utah Lake tomorrow. How has the warmer weather affected the ice at the state park and Lincoln Beach? Any other spots you would recommend? 

Also, at Lincoln Beach, is the area where people launch boats the only safe spot, or is the main lake safe as well?
Lemme know how the main lake ice is!
I did a drive-by at Lincoln this evening. There were a couple of guys out fishing on the ice of the harbor. Several more had made the hike over to the first spring area and were fishing there. Sorry that I don't know exactly how thick the ice is. It looked quite cloudy. If I make it over there to fish tomorrow I'll report back.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

The funny thing about that area near the springs is, that usually IF there is ice, there is always the open water where they flow in, but the ice is often just as thick a little ways out past the open spot.

BUT, that is always a good reason NOT to trust it without checking, too. "Usually."
(01-14-2021, 12:41 AM)Countryb0y22 Wrote: Considering ice fishing Utah Lake tomorrow. How has the warmer weather affected the ice at the state park and Lincoln Beach? Any other spots you would recommend? 

Also, at Lincoln Beach, is the area where people launch boats the only safe spot, or is the main lake safe as well?
Was at the Provo state park on Tues.  Ice seemed to be just as thick as it was 7 days prior when we were there. I did not measure however. If you want inches I let you down.
(01-16-2021, 12:48 AM)PACMEN Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:41 AM)Countryb0y22 Wrote: Considering ice fishing Utah Lake tomorrow. How has the warmer weather affected the ice at the state park and Lincoln Beach? Any other spots you would recommend? 

Was at the Provo state park on Tues.  Ice seemed to be just as thick as it was 7 days prior when we were there. I did not measure however. If you want inches I let you down.

STORY OF MY LIFE!!!

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!  [Image: wink.png] [Image: wink.png] [Image: wink.png] [Image: wink.png] [Image: wink.png] [Image: biggrin.png]

Sorry, I Had to.