Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stawberry 1/16
Met up with Catchinon and went up to the Berry this morning.  Craig was a trooper as I marched him half way across the lake to the supposed big fish grounds.  The fishing was really slow with not many fish marked and only a few caught.  I did catch a 16" bow as well as 8 or so slot cutts.

The bright spot was this slot buster.  When we would measure it, it was just short of 23".  But each of the pictures taken for the contest show 23".  No matter, it was big, fat and beautifully colored.  It pulled like a champ taking drag a couple of times.

Thanks for going with me Craig and hopefully the catching will be better next time.
[Image: 20210116-113359-2.jpg]

[Image: 20210116-113359-1.jpg]

[Image: 20210116-113754.jpg]
Very nice slot buster! Looks healthy.
Nice job guys!!
Great looking fish
One of the best days of fishing for me just because you caught such a beauty. Pictures don't capture the incredible colors. I loved the bronze highlights on the back. "Guess ya hadta be there." Not a great catching day for me but my day will come. Thanks for showing me how to do it.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Congrats. Always good to trade a bunch of slot cutts for a chance at one or two big ones. How were the ice and snow conditions?
Thanks.  I agree, I love getting the chance at a big one.

There was about 2" of snow on the ice.  Ice was about 9".  Made for easy walking.
EyLayo, that's my excuse for not catching more: I was trying for a big one. I put on a 14" chub and hardly got any nibbles at all.

Jig-fisher, remember that Primary song that goes, "Pioneer children sang as they walked and walked and walked and walked ...?"

Big Grin Angel Big Grin
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(01-18-2021, 02:17 PM)catchinon Wrote: Jig-fisher, remember that Primary song that goes, "Pioneer children sang as they walked and walked and walked and walked ...?"

Big Grin Angel Big Grin
That is so funny and perfectly applicable to what we did!  Albeit there wasn't any singing, just rest breaks.  Smile Tongue
It was very kind of you to walk beside me on the way back. My legs have held up just fine and seem to be getting better every day. I still want to get a snowmobile though.

A snowmobile would have made it so much easier, that's for sure.