Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone heading to Cascade?
Heading up to Cascade with family in early Feb.  wondering if any other BfT ‘ers will be there.
(01-17-2021, 09:01 AM)trueblue2 Wrote: Heading up to Cascade with family in early Feb.  wondering if any other BfT ‘ers will be there.

I might be headed there mid february. Have to confirm the dates. Only been there once before.
With the number of people fishing Cascade from Utah, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Colorado and Wyoming, the place is literally being fished out of the large perch. Some friends of mine were up there last week and they caught 12 fish between 3 of them over two full days of fishing. These are guys who definitely know how to fish too. So, if you're going for a trophy, that is pretty achievable, but if you're going to try to load up on perch fillets, you're better off fishing the local Utah waters.
I was up there sunday.
The quality is definitely still there, but the quantity is down.
When you are at a Lake that Canadians and Minnesotans have flown in to fish, you know you are someplace special.[Image: EB19749-C-404-B-4-E06-B144-DCA2-D3841306.jpg]
On a side note, I did derive great pleasure from buying 800 round .22Federal Range Packs in the Boise Walmart for $42!
I'm headed there the second week of February looking for quality.
(01-17-2021, 09:01 AM)trueblue2 Wrote: Heading up to Cascade with family in early Feb.  wondering if any other BfT ‘ers will be there.
Fred I think I'm done with Cascade, long way to drive for very few nice fish. May try a summer trip but hard to get me away from the walleye that time of year. Good luck on your trip.