Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Saturday
Went up to East Canyon with the rest of humanity Saturday. Looked like another tournament was going on. Did not see a lot of catching going on around us... We fished down toward the resort side starting at 8am. The ice is 8"-9" thick everywhere we drilled. Had lots of nibbles on various jigs/baits, but they were very light then they would go away. Finally caught this nice 21" Bow on a pearl jig & meal worm. That would be it for the day. Definitely slower action than in years past. The weather was nice, no tent required. Edges were still OK, but water was starting to show as the melt-off was going on with the warm day.

TiteLines

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks for the report and pictures.  It looks like it was a nice day to be on the ice.  Even though it was slow, a 21 incher can make you forget about it.

There sure isn't much snow on the hills above there.  We need to start getting some storms or we are going to be in trouble come summer. Sad  
I literally just joined this forum (got a tip from a nice guy who works at Sportsman's in Riverdale about this forum) to ask about ice conditions at East Canyon. I'm completely new to ice fishing and this is the year of my turnaround. Time to start getting into it!

Anyway, I plan to head up there Saturday, expected snow storm notwithstanding, and wondered about the ice conditions. Good to hear that its around 8 inches as of a couple days ago. Being out on the ice honestly, makes me feel a bit uneasy. Hoping to get a lot more used to it though, starting this year.
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you. Don't jump to high or far when the ice cracks beneath your feet. Have fun out there.  rj