Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport
The Slayer and I got up to RP this week, took the ATV's with no problem but the ice by the ramp looked like it had broken through on someone. Ice was about a foot thick. We found a few perch at the first holes we drill in 28 FOW but to was slow. We started moving around to find more active fish, first tried a little more shallow, then a little deeper, nothing. Finally moved to 18 to 22 FOW and found some active fish, pulling up good numbers of perch up to 11". Had a really nice brown on for a few minutes, that was pulling out line on several runs, got it right up to the hole and it went nuts. My best guess was it was 22" or more because I got a good look at it was swimming around the hole, unfortunately it got around my transducer cable and got off Sad. Nice day on the ice.
Nice job you two, scary if someone broke through. Those that get away just as you finally get them to the hole are so aggravating, but glad you got see it and know they are in there for another try - LOL
Thanks Curt,
Enjoyed the report sounds like a fun trip... later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Thanks for the report.. Sounds like fun day! Trying out snowdog for first time tomorrow. Do you think the weak spot will be visible in the morning? Just thinking that what if it snows and covers it up. That could be easy to overlook??? Just trying to plan ahead because I know my girlfriend will somehow happen to find it!
I hate it when they use the transducer cable to get away!
Taking my razor on there tomorrow, hope the ice gods are with me and don’t let me sink to the bottom
(01-23-2021, 12:43 AM)Zeroid Wrote: Thanks for the report.. Sounds like fun day!  Trying out snowdog for first time tomorrow. Do you think the weak spot will be visible in the morning?  Just thinking that what if it snows and covers it up.  That could be easy to overlook???  Just trying to plan ahead because I know my girlfriend will somehow happen to find it!
I think you will be OK, the weak spot is on the left side of the ramp, so if you stay on the right you will be fine.
(01-23-2021, 02:49 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 12:43 AM)Zeroid Wrote: Thanks for the report.. Sounds like fun day!  Trying out snowdog for first time tomorrow. Do you think the weak spot will be visible in the morning?  Just thinking that what if it snows and covers it up.  That could be easy to overlook???  Just trying to plan ahead because I know my girlfriend will somehow happen to find it!
I think you will be OK, the weak spot is on the left side of the ramp, so if you stay on the right you will be fine.
Alright well if nobody hears from me will someone call Jake from State Farm for me?
I am at work next to Rockport and it was raining when I arrived now it is snowing be prepared for slush
Haha. I didn’t realize there was a tournament today. Quite a few people I think. 600+ registered? Caught handful of perch is all. I felt bad for inviting some guys from work..... should have known it would happen like that.... I was able to see a couple nice trout that some real fisherman caught though, so that was cool.

Snowdog. Had to Choke it everytime to start today. Because it’s new? Is that common? Studs and the wet ramp didn’t work out too well.

Not much information I’m sorry to say.
Snow dog usually take more choke ( they like running about half). What are you referring to; wet ramp and studs. Explain a bit more.
rj
Ok thanks for that info.
What I meant was.....When Leaving. the ramp had melted and it was just wet. The studs I installed seemed to just slip. I did eventually make it up the side that had a bit of snow left... If I didn’t install the studs on the track. Would it have pulled me up the wet ramp? Thanks