Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officially a Gumpy Old Man
(01-26-2021, 02:15 PM)catchinon Wrote: I really enjoy being out on my own. I won't even hunt where I think I might encounter more than one or two people in a day. But it's sometimes different when ice fishing. If I'm alone I like to check in with someone and ask if they mind if I set up near (not too near) them. Then I ask them to keep a watch out for me. My wife is afraid that I'll have an accident or a heart attack or something and no one will be there to help. I've never found anyone who was rude to me about it. I totally get what you are talking about but I've been gratified that there are so many nice people out there, too.
Catchinon you would always be welcome because you are courteous and you ask folks. Even a grumpy guy like me would never have a problem with someone that had your concerns. Its the guys who's dogs run all over the ice, who's kids run around screaming or racing snow mobiles past your tent, who's radio has to be pegged on high, ect. that drive me nuts. While lakes and rivers and public land are all PUBLIC, just because folks CAN do whatever they want DOESNT MEAN THEY SHOULD. Thank you for being courteous and polite and a fine human being. Wish there were more like you-
(01-26-2021, 03:33 PM)Bovineowner Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 02:15 PM)catchinon Wrote: I really enjoy being out on my own. I won't even hunt where I think I might encounter more than one or two people in a day. But it's sometimes different when ice fishing. If I'm alone I like to check in with someone and ask if they mind if I set up near (not too near) them. Then I ask them to keep a watch out for me. My wife is afraid that I'll have an accident or a heart attack or something and no one will be there to help. I've never found anyone who was rude to me about it. I totally get what you are talking about but I've been gratified that there are so many nice people out there, too.
Catchinon you would always be welcome because you are courteous and you ask folks. Even a grumpy guy like me would never have a problem with someone that had your concerns. Its the guys who's dogs run all over the ice, who's kids run around screaming or racing snow mobiles past your tent, who's radio has to be pegged on high, ect. that drive me nuts. While lakes and rivers and public land are all PUBLIC, just because folks CAN do whatever they want DOESNT MEAN THEY SHOULD. Thank you for being courteous and polite and a fine human being. Wish there were more like you-
Craig I agree with Darrell, as long as the person is respectful and leaves reasonable space its totally okay, but there is a difference and you definitely feel the difference when you're in that situation...
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Bovineowner:
Ahw, shucks. Thank you for the kind words.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.