Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Missed the Disco, Any reports
Hey I didn't go chase the cisco this year, did any of you?  If so how was it?  Are they still running?  Thanks Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I was out Saturday and Sunday mornings at the marina. Not a fish to be seen. Heard similar reports from Cisco Beach. Theyre snagging them over the rock pile from boats but the shore dipping hasnt started yet. 4" of ice in the marina with open water near the inlet.
I think I remember at least one year where the Cisco didn't start running until about the first week of February , I remember thinking that it might not happen that year and then there they were. Strange little fish. I have been waiting to hear if the run is on myself.
Thanks guys for the replies... Guess i didn't miss much from the sound of it... That ice report interests me though... Man I'd love to fish ice on big blue this year... It's my favorite place to fish and ice hole... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-25-2021, 04:44 PM)Boisan Wrote: I was out Saturday and Sunday mornings at the marina. Not a fish to be seen. Heard similar reports from Cisco Beach. Theyre snagging them over the rock pile from boats but the shore dipping hasnt started yet. 4" of ice in the marina with open water near the inlet.

Any idea how far out the 4" of ice goes out into the lake?
(01-25-2021, 09:36 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 04:44 PM)Boisan Wrote: I was out Saturday and Sunday mornings at the marina. Not a fish to be seen. Heard similar reports from Cisco Beach. Theyre snagging them over the rock pile from boats but the shore dipping hasnt started yet. 4" of ice in the marina with open water near the inlet.

Not even to the mouth of the marina. There was safe ice in the southeast corner. Otherwise slush, then open water. Slush was gone by 11 am.
(01-25-2021, 11:18 PM)Boisan Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 09:36 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:

Not even to the mouth of the marina. There was safe ice in the southeast corner. Otherwise slush, then open water. Slush was gone by 11 am.

Ouch, I was hoping a couple thousand feet, but if that was the case there wouldn't be any boats launching.