Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 1/25
Fished Rockport today from 11-3 on the west side. Started in 55 FOW and moved toward shore until I was in 45 FOW. One small perch and one 20" rainbow. The trout made my day. Caught her on a night crawler with a green jig head.  Marked a lot of fish off the bottom but couldn't buy a bite other than the two fish. Threw down meal worms, wax worms, perch meat, and night crawlers. Nothing wanted to play. Planning on taking my dad out on Wednesday. Any place we can go to get on some fish? Want to try Smith & Moorehouse but unsure of the road condition. We will be on foot.
(01-26-2021, 01:16 AM)Boisan Wrote: Fished Rockport today from 11-3 on the west side. Started in 55 FOW and moved toward shore until I was in 45 FOW. One small perch and one 20" rainbow. The trout made my day. Caught her on a night crawler with a green jig head.  Marked a lot of fish off the bottom but couldn't buy a bite other than the two fish. Threw down meal worms, wax worms, perch meat, and night crawlers. Nothing wanted to play. Planning on taking my dad out on Wednesday. Any place we can go to get on some fish? Want to try Smith & Moorehouse but unsure of the road condition. We will be on foot.
With the recent snow i dont think you will get a truck past the turn.off. that would be a long walk its a couple miles at least. Maybe a little more. You may want to pick another lake if you are on foot.
Thanks for the report

How thick was the ice at Rockport?