Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One line, three fish?
Since utah has started allowing us to use 3 hooks/lures/flies on a single pole and line I have been so curious about the odds of catching a triple. Has anyone acheived this? Share your story! Closest I have got Is a triple white bass off my kayak using tandem rigs on two poles.

-Eric
Yes, fishing for chubs on Lost Creek.
Nice kentofnsl! Want to share the time of year, depth, bait or rig? Pictures would be awsome too. I know im asking a lot,  thanks.     Big Grin
Fishing grayling at Allen Lake, I was hooking up 2 at a time- every cast. I can guarantee you could have easily had 3 on a pole more than once. This was June 2014, so who knows now, but I'd give that place a try if you want to document 3 fish on a single pole.
That's a hike, so you'd definitely be working for it.
Thats awsome TheOtherSide. High mountain fish are hungry for sure!
A long time ago I went with my Scout troop to Lake Powell to fish for bass. Nothing doing. Out of boredom we went up a canyon and were rolling boulders into the lake (I know, we were young and dumb then and didn't know any better). Our leader stayed in the boat and fished. He started catching bluegills and we soon joined him. We caught good-sized fish on every drop, often three at a time. They put up quite a fight.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I actually have issues tangling two hooks on a line at one time, so three would be a disaster for me... not to mention what would happen when you get three fish on the same line... I'm sure there will be a time and a place where I'll want to try this, but I don't think it will be part of my usual practice... Guess I'm too cheap to lose that much tackle in one snag... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-26-2021, 03:38 AM)DailyAngler Wrote: Nice kentofnsl! Want to share the time of year, depth, bait or rig? Pictures would be awsome too. I know im asking a lot,  thanks.     Big Grin
[Image: 3-chubs.png]

August 22, 2020
~40'
3 small hooks tipped with a small chunk of night crawler.  Used a drop shot rig.  I also caught 3 at a time, fishing three days earlier from the shore, rigged the same way.

[url=https://ibb.co/q0fYcmW][/url]
On one of my poles, I used to use 2 hooks any time I was fishing. I've caught 2 trout at once several times, but the tangles were frequent. I only use more than one hook right now if I'm using a second pole on ice.
Thanks for the pics and details, that is awsome kentofnsl!
(01-26-2021, 01:33 AM)DailyAngler Wrote: Since utah has started allowing us to use 3 hooks/lures/flies on a single pole and line I have been so curious about the odds of catching a triple. Has anyone acheived this? Share your story! Closest I have got Is a triple white bass off my kayak using tandem rigs on two poles.

-Eric
Fish lake in June. 3 perch at once. just used 3 worm hooks tied in a straight line with a small piece of perch on each hook.  They were thick that day.  My son talks about it everytime we go to Fish Lake.
(01-26-2021, 03:52 AM)TheOtherSide Wrote: Fishing grayling at Allen Lake, I was hooking up 2 at a time- every cast. I can guarantee you could have easily had 3 on a pole more than once. This was June 2014, so who knows now, but I'd give that place a try if you want to document 3 fish on a single pole.
That's a hike, so you'd definitely be working for it.
Size 14 renegade?