Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Use Rubber Landing Nets?
Rubber Nets Are Better For C&R "Catch & Release"!

Recently i've been trying to safely release most of my catches. I'm also aware that fish sizes smaller than the "legal" sizes are more prone to injuries resulting in damage & sometimes death. So i decided to add a rubber landing net to my fishing assembly. 

I'll explain why the rubber netting will be safer to net my catches over the typical nylon landing nets (knotted & smooth). I've recently noted increases in young Jacks & Bonefish catches under the legal size limits. Of the 2 the bonefish are extremely sensitive to scale removal. 

To limit unwanted damage & deaths i'll be using my rubber net more during my inshore fishing. On those occasions where i'll be targeting "table fare" and bait i'll switch back to my nylon landing nets.

https://youtu.be/KwcBk28xFNk

[Image: Cover.jpg]
Mesh bagged landing nets were the only option and although everyone had the same struggles of tangled fish and snagged flies. Rubber net bags overcome these problems and more.
Conservation–Rubber Nets Protect Fish

The very best reason to buy a rubber net is to protect the fish. Once you see a fish sit calmly in the water inside the rubber net, it is obvious how much more gentle that material is on the trout. We all know that the trout’s skin is lined with a defensive mucus, and once that “slime” is gone it takes a long time to come back, leaving the fish more exposed to parasites and bacteria. The old knotted nylon bags scratched up trout and removed a lot of that mucus. Meanwhile, rubber bagged landing nets give each fish caught a better chance of surviving.

Most anglers fish with tandem rigs and, once the fish is caught, the other hook is never far away. Even the barbless hooks that most anglers use would get impossibly tangled in the old nylon mesh nets. That problem is long gone with rubber nets. The newer rubber material is also much more durable. You should expect several years of use out of your rubber bag landing net.
There are a few reasons why rubber landing nets are a great option for fishermen. First, they are very durable and can last for many years with proper care.

Second, they are lightweight and easy to transport, making them perfect for long fishing trips. Third, their soft rubber material makes them gentle on fish, preventing injuries and ensuring a quick release. Finally, rubber landing nets are affordable, making them a great option for budget-minded anglers.

If you're looking for a durable, lightweight, and affordable landing net, then a rubber model is the perfect choice for you. Be sure to check out our selection of rubber landing nets today.
(02-27-2022, 06:27 AM)Albert08 Wrote: There are a few reasons why rubber landing nets are a great option for fishermen. First, they are very durable and can last for many years with proper care.

Second, they are lightweight and easy to transport, making them perfect for long fishing trips. Third, their soft rubber material makes them gentle on fish, preventing injuries and ensuring a quick release. Finally, rubber landing nets are affordable, making them a great option for budget-minded anglers.

If you're looking for a durable, lightweight, and affordable landing net, then a rubber model is the perfect choice for you. Be sure to check out our selection of rubber landing nets today.

Warning: Links are not allowed, if you go back and edit this post and add a link or post a link on another post, your account will be disabled.