Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
17 1/2” 1.8 pound trout caught
[Image: 5-C35324-F-0797-4562-BB6-D-6599513-AE5-F0.jpg]

Caught this today. Took me a minute and 30 seconds to bring it in. 17 1/2 inches, 1 pound 12.8 ounces.

3rd biggest trout I have ever caught.

[Image: 00-EB8-D55-1277-45-CC-85-DA-6-C16-E49-B8062.jpg]

Here is the meat color. I am pretty sure it’s a stocked trout. Still, it’s a nice big fish! Having it for dinner tomorrow!

Jared
Way to go Jared, were you ice fishing or fishing open water?
Actually, it was open water. Stocked pond in Boise. Just jigged a worm off the bottom, and got it.

Would you mind actually helping me with a conversation between me and a friend of mine? He says this is a stock trout, but I can’t tell if it’s stocked or wild. The meat color is throwing me off. I assume from the meat color its stocked. Is my friend correct in saying it’s a stocked fish? Is there any way to tell besides the meat color?

Stocked or not, it’s a good fish.
(01-31-2021, 02:51 PM)Jnicholes Wrote: Actually, it was open water. Stocked pond in Boise. Just jigged a worm off the bottom, and got it.

Would you mind actually helping me with a conversation between me and a friend of mine? He says this is a stock trout, but I can’t tell if it’s stocked or wild. The meat color is throwing me off. I assume from the meat color its stocked. Is my friend correct in saying it’s a stocked fish? Is there any way to tell besides the meat color?

Stocked or not, it’s a good fish.
Recently stocked trout have white flesh, they turn orange when they start getting a wild diet of bugs and other natural food. Just by looking at the fins you can tell it is a stocked fish, wild fish normally don't have a rounded tail like that one.
Thank you for the input. I appreciate it. Just finished cooking it, and it taste phenomenal.
Nice fish