Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek report
There were four of us that were going to fish DC today from our tubes/toons but the guys with the toons were smarter than we with the tubes and they stayed home.

We launched at the main boat ramp around 9:00 and fished until 3:00.  It was 14 degrees when we got there and 34 degrees when we got out.

We used our regular fly tackle with medium sinking lines and various bead head leech and bugger patterns on size 6 & 8 hooks.  We only managed to pick up four rainbows from 14" to 18" and one 21" brown.  We were limited on where we could fish because of the ice.  There is still a lot of open water but it's not all connected for access.  Float tubes aren't very good ice breakers. Tongue  If we get some wind it could open up a lot of water.  On the other hand, if we have a few calm, cold nights, it could lock up too.

The water temperature was 36 degrees and the visibility in the water was about 8'.  The reservoir is about 75% full and rising.

There was one boat on the water when we got there.  The two guys were trolling and when I talked with them before they left, they said they didn't have any luck.

It was slow fishing but it was nice to get out and enjoy the wildlife, eagles, ducks, & geese.

[Image: P1060811-2.jpg][Image: P1060812-2.jpg][Image: P1060816-2.jpg][Image: P1060817-2.jpg][Image: P1060819-2.jpg][Image: P1060822-2.jpg][Image: P1060825-2.jpg][Image: P1060828-2.jpg]
I'd love to join you guys when I'm able to and if you are looking for more people to join in on the fun. I have a tube and normal fly gear, which is my preferred way of fishing.
Although- ice fishing is so very addicting and taking an increasing amount of my time.
That brown is sure a nice one. How cold were your toes after that run? Mine were aching just thinking about a tube dip at Deer Creek right now.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(02-02-2021, 04:45 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: How cold were your toes after that run? Mine were aching just thinking about a tube dip at Deer Creek right now.

For about two or three hours my toes are okay, then about an hour of discomfort, after that they just go numb. Big Grin
(02-02-2021, 03:56 AM)TheOtherSide Wrote: I'd love to join you guys when I'm able to and if you are looking for more people to join in on the fun. I have a tube and normal fly gear, which is my preferred way of fishing.
Although- ice fishing is so very addicting and taking an increasing amount of my time.

My buddy and I live in the Price area but we kind of fish wherever we think we will find some fish.  We always fly fish from our tubes and you would be more than welcome to join us.  I see you went to Scofield ice fishing, we go up there quite a bit so when you want to get together just shoot me a PM and see if we can't do a trip sometime.