Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview...bad news update
(02-08-2021, 03:40 AM)PACKFAN Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 11:15 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: I agree with the sentiment that the Feds are taking the easy way out here, BUT given the issues with restrooms, garbage, vandalism, etc., is it really any surprise that this is the way that it is going?  At a certain point, you throw your hands up and say "F**K IT"!!  Have had plenty of pissed off landowners that no longer allow hunting on their lands because a few losers shot their cattle, left gates open, and rutted their fields.  You have the few in the general public that screw everyone else...and it's only going to get worse as our population grows (whether native or transplants), public lands become more crowded, and more entitled boneheads enter the ranks.  We are failing ourselves whether it be from not correctly teaching the upcoming generation, not recruiting new, responsible sportsmen and sportswomen, not policing ourselves better, etc.

So while I again agree that the Feds are taking the easier way out by gating these places off, we have to do better.  Period.  End of Story.
The outdoor shows keep telling us that the number of outdoorsmen (Hunters & Fisherman or Ladies) is declining across the States. I sure would like to know where this is happening. Sick
As a percentage of the population, absolutely.  However, look at Utah's overall population growth over the past 20 years.  Consistently in the top 5-10%.  As an example, you have 100 people in year X, and 10 are outdoorsmen/women.  10% of the population is using the resource.  5 years down the road there are 300 people and only 9% are outdoorsmen.  Percentage is definitely down but you have a total of 27 people (9%) competing for resources.  And it's only getting worse.

The problem really being, that we are an ever smaller segment of the overall population to make our voices heard on outdoor-related hunting and fishing issues.  So while there are more people out there to "compete" with, when it comes to actual power in the legislative process, we are actually losing ground each year.
(02-09-2021, 05:19 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: . . . or get our elected officials involved.

[Image: voowPbZ.gif]

Sorry Curt - couldn't resist.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."