Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfish conference
For the past few yeas one of the leaders in the catfish industry, Steve Douglas, and friends puts on a conference in Kentucky. It is a huge expo like conference where vendors and YouTubers, and leaders in the industry get together over 2 days. They have great deals on rods and reels and tackle. Because of the pandemic there is no physical conference this year which for us in Utah that is good. Because there is going to be a virtual conference this year. It's supposedly going to be about the same with vendors and speakers just virtually. It starts February 27, 2021. Check out their website at catfishconference.com

I'm not affiliated or paid I get 0000.00000% profit  just saying
They did a similar deal with all the ice shows this year and during the time period of the show you were able to get some nice discounts from the manufacturers, like 20-30% off a lot of items... I agree the virtual world shows really helps us in Utah where we aren't close to a lot of these events... One COVID advantage anyway... Guess we get to pay a little more shipping, but might be worth it for a good deal... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Thanks Justin, I have been thinking about a couple of new rods.  rj
Richard, how have you and Vi liked the Whisker Seeker Chad Ferguson rods?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

We like them a lot, very satisfied with their performance. Only draw back is the handle section. they have covered a EVA handle with a very thin layer of cork which is easily removed when removing rod from holder. This happens when you have a lot of resistance on the end of the line such as one of those ornery ol cats. The rod gets wedged in pretty tight. Hold the rod or fish out the back ya should be OK. Ya! I like them, am thinking of getting a couple in the spinning model.

rj
Hopefully at the conference they have some deals. You won't be ordering directly from the conference. The vendors will give codes and you will order from their websites. That's the way it was described to me from a friend on another forum. Check the website it is suppose to list speaker and list of vendors I just haven't seen it yet but I haven't searched it thoroughly yet either.
I looked at dates wrong day 1 is February 26, and day 2 is February 27. Don't miss it.....