Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crappie Fishing
Hello  I'm new to the forum and new to Idaho. I plan to try my hand at crappie fishing in the Southern Idaho area and am looking to talk with like-minded folks.
(02-03-2021, 11:20 PM)GregAgre Wrote: Hello  I'm new to the forum and new to Idaho. I plan to try my hand at crappie fishing in the Southern Idaho area and am looking to talk with like-minded folks.
Welcome to the site Greg. I'm going to move your post to our Idaho board, you should be able to get an answer there.
(02-03-2021, 11:20 PM)GregAgre Wrote: Hello  I'm new to the forum and new to Idaho. I plan to try my hand at crappie fishing in the Southern Idaho area and am looking to talk with like-minded folks.
Southeast Idaho has some great crappie fishing especially around the Preston area. Biggest problem youll have there is that all of the reservoirs that have good pan fishing also have some pretty restrictive regs by the water users on the reservoirs.  Places like Twin Lakes and Glendale all have restrictions on when they open, what you have to do to be able to put a watercraft on the water and the fees you have to pay to use those bodies of water.  Not sure where other than these couple places have much for crappie but they can be hot if  you hit them right and dont mind paying a few $$$$ to get on the water and their hour regs when you can launch. I know I'm missing a few places in Southern Idaho but I just never fish there for crappie so someone from that area will have to jump in.

Good luck and welcome aboard.
Welcome to Idaho and the forum. Where are you located?
(02-09-2021, 01:47 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Welcome to Idaho and the forum. Where are you located?
I live in Caldwell but don't mind traveling a few hours to fish for the day.
(03-29-2021, 02:03 PM)GregAgre Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 01:47 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Welcome to Idaho and the forum. Where are you located?
I live in Caldwell but don't mind traveling a few hours to fish for the day.
If you live in Caldwell then C.J. Strike is your best option or maybe brownlee Res. area.

Windriver