Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going, going, almost gone at Echo
Here are a few pics I took at the shoreline of Echo yesterday.
[Image: DSCN0480.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0481.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0482.jpg]

Wiperslayer and I got up to Echo yesterday and found so so conditions at the shoreline. We were able to get on the ice with our ATV's but broke through for the first three feet before hitting solid ice. Ice was a good foot thick with an inch or two of blown snow on top. We headed over to the inlet area and started off in 17 FOW. Catching was hot for the first hour or so, for 4 to 9.5" perch, it was hard to keep two poles in the water it was so fast. We finally moved hoping for some bigger fish, so we moved to 22 FOW. The catching was slower there but the fish were bigger, we caught our biggest perch of the day there at 11" and lots of 9 inches. About noon the switch turned off and they quit biting, so we move one final time but it did not help so we called it quits around 1 pm. We did mark a lot of fish just under the ice about two to three ft, we think they were carp but since we never hooked one, we will never know for sure. Getting off the ice was a little worse but we did not get wet so that was a plus, just don't try getting on the ice from the ramp.
Darn. I haven't been anywhere for almost three weeks. Gotta get out there...
(02-09-2021, 08:39 PM)Springbuck1 Wrote: Darn.  I haven't been anywhere for almost three weeks.  Gotta get out there...
Hopefully the colder weather later this week firms up those edges, otherwise I think it's about over, unless you start bringing a plank.