Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cat Contest Info
Hey everyone that's interested in the 2021 Catfish contest, we started posting some registration info over on the contest board, so wander over and take a look...  Not much yet, the contest won't begin until March 15th, but you can still put your name on the list over there, so you don't forget... the Cat Chat post is starting up too... Rules will be pretty much the same as usual, but we'll get them updated and posted on the sticky section up top... Don't put your name on this post and expect it to be registered, click over to the registration post and reply there... I can't check all the posts for registration all through out the contest...  I think we'll post a list of registered participants there, if your name isn't on the list within a week make sure you contact us through PM to get it listed...   

Anyway hoping for another fun year of cat raslin... hope you'll join in on the fun....  Price is right....(free)  Prizes sort of suck, we do have a trophy for the overall winner, but COVID has shut down our freebee prizes from local sporting goods vendors... so mostly personal achievement is the prize... and the fun of getting out and catching fish, which I think is the best prize to be had...  Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Thumbs Up 
yep.  BUMP
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
There was also a trophy for the smallest cat caught and posted .  That has also cancelled out. But for those that may not have ever seen it, below are a few photos. 

[Image: 013-Small-Cat-Trophy.jpg]

[Image: 014.jpg]

[Image: 15.jpg]

[Image: 016.jpg]

Cool
Hey Forest, or anyone else that remembers when is the last day of the contest this year? Is it Oct. 15th or 31st? I thought we had extended it to the 31st this year, but just checking to make sure... If it's the 15th you better get out quick and get your last entries secured... Later Jeff
Hey Jeff - The Cat Contest Rules say the contest ends October 31. The Grand Slam Challenge ends November 21.
I guess we won't be meeting for post-season awards in November as we have in years past. We'll have to wait till closer to May to decide if we will hold a flotilla, I suppose. What say ye all?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thanks Ron, appreciate the info, I'm afraid it's over for me just due to weather, but maybe someone else will find some... Craig, it would be fun to get back together for the banquet and awards, but seems like we are still being held hostage by the pandemic... Maybe we can figure out some kind of an outdoor get together where there's plenty of social distance... Maybe on the ice or a flotilla next spring, I'd like to see the tradition stay alive, but also want everyone to do the same... Looking forward to the day when we are back to a more normal state... Later J
Jeff, most restaurants are fully open with no seating restrictions - provided they have servers. Most are short-staffed.

I think we could have the banquet, and if someone feels like not going, that's their decision. I have a prize to donate, either way.
Rocky, that is a good point, maybe we ought to check the interest level, I have sure missed the fall deal even more than the flotilla... I'll put up a survey and see if there is interest... Thanks for the prize, we haven't found many of them lately... Thanks for the encouragement to try and do this again... Jeff
Latest  Cat Contest Standings  25 Oct

https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...538&page=2  

Cool
Well, I'm slow, sorry had a busy day yesterday. But I have confirmed Forest's results are accurate per what i had been keeping track of as well. So Forest will post the official final score board for 2021. It was an incredible year with a new record high score for our contest at 97.5 points that's a full inch bigger than last years previous tied top season. Congratulation Bryton (bblake98) for team North... our 2021 Champion and new holder of the prestigious BFT Catfish Contest Trophy.... (Lynn I'll have to make arrangements to pick that up so I can get the new dog tag attached. ) Anyway we have split this year with the champ on the north, but team south by 2 points wins the top ten title again this year. Our top rod on the south this year was Jim (Piscophilic) followed closely by the dynamic duo Richard and Vi.... Paul for team north was right in that group followed by John and the catchup kids Craig and Brett that came from the very back and ended up top ten... Lynn and Sharksugar was also top ten... Our youth winner this year was IguanascanFish... and I think that pretty well wraps up the award categories... Not sure what we have for prizes this year, other than the overall trophy... We'll see if we can round up a little something, but sorry it won't be like some years past.. Anyway thanks so much for your interest and hours of dedicated cat chasing, hope you have had an enjoyable season wrastling with the monsters... Thanks for keeping the interest going so the contest stays fun and successful... I know I've caught a lot bigger fish because of the contest and you guys pushing me to keep trying... Thanks all...Later Jeff
Exclamation 
Cat Contest final standings are posted in the Utah Contests thread, 2021 Catfish Contest Standings.  

Congrats to all the winners.  

Cool