Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new snow machine
Just picked this up today![Image: track-sled.jpg]

If I knew how to do it, I would add an interesting video.
Congratulations.  I guess you didn't want to ride with me after yesterday  and me dumping you.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
(02-12-2021, 07:29 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Just picked this up today![Image: track-sled.jpg]

If I knew how to do it, I would add an interesting video.
Is that a homemade snow dog Kent? If you did not make it, do you mind saying how much you paid for it?
Congrats, also interested in the cost of it and if there are any more.
Yes it is a custom made one.  He did an amazing job and it is made out of new components.  I have no idea if he would be willing to make any more.  It is a 2021 model and was used a couple times by the builder before selling it to me.
Wow! That is pretty neat. I've only seen one in action, but they're very impressive. It's also nice to have one a little more unique that raises eyebrows and questions.
Pretty cool.

Just don't let me get near it. Lol
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
I saw that one for sale on Facebook.  It looked real nice.  Great pick-up.
(02-13-2021, 04:10 AM)Jig-fisher Wrote: I saw that one for sale on Facebook.  It looked real nice.  Great pick-up.

I was fortunate to get it, because there was a lot of interest in it.  Please PM me the Facebook link.
(02-13-2021, 06:06 AM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 04:10 AM)Jig-fisher Wrote: I saw that one for sale on Facebook.  It looked real nice.  Great pick-up.

I was fortunate to get it, because there was a lot of interest in it.  Please PM me the Facebook link.
Get price, considering the cost of a snow dog. Couple of questions for you Kent, what is the white flat square piece on the top of it? Does it have electric start and reverse?

[Image: homemade-snow-dog-edit.jpg]
(02-13-2021, 02:19 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Couple of questions for you Kent, what is the white flat square piece on the top of it? Does it have electric start and reverse?

It doesn't have electric start (but easy to start - at least for now) and it doesn't have reverse (it weighs less than 200 pounds, so not too bad to pull it backwards manually for a short distance).

The flat square is part of the cover over the engine (it has a hinge on it, so one can easily obtain access to the fuel tank, which is right under that door).  I realize that picture doesn't have the front cover on it.  Here is a better picture and I will also email you the video.

[Image: track-sled-1.jpg]
[Image: Carrier-folded.png]

[Image: Carrier-ramp-down.png]

[Image: Carrier-ramp-folded-up.png]

Got the carrier purchased and assembled.
(02-20-2021, 01:10 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: [Image: Carrier-folded.png]

[Image: Carrier-ramp-down.png]

[Image: Carrier-ramp-folded-up.png]

Got the carrier purchased and assembled.
That is a good lookin carrier for sure.  I have been contemplating buying one for snow dog instead of using the bed and ramps because then girlfriend can help load and unload!  
Did you say what model this was ?
thanks!
(02-20-2021, 01:22 AM)Zeroid Wrote: That is a good lookin carrier for sure.  I have been contemplating buying one for snow dog instead of using the bed and ramps because then girlfriend can help load and unload!  
thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VJMT1BH/ref...UTF8&psc=1
(02-20-2021, 01:28 AM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 01:22 AM)Zeroid Wrote: That is a good lookin carrier for sure.  I have been contemplating buying one for snow dog instead of using the bed and ramps because then girlfriend can help load and unload!  
thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VJMT1BH/ref...UTF8&psc=1
Thank you! I’ve been trying to use mine as much as I can.  I’m quite happy with mine!  Thanks again!
I had some training skis, aka outriggers added to my SnowKitty.  It should make it far less likely to tip on its side.
[Image: Outriggers-1.png]

[Image: Outriggers-2.png][Image: Outriggers-3.png]
(03-01-2021, 03:28 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: I had some training skis, aka outriggers added to my SnowKitty.  It should make it far less likely to tip on its side.

That's a pretty cool addition. That carrier is also a nice one. I'm a little jealous of the setup you have going. Seems a lot easier and more convenient than snowmobiles.
(03-01-2021, 03:28 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: I had some training skis, aka outriggers added to my SnowKitty.  It should make it far less likely to tip on its side.

I didn’t notice until I was in 6” of snow that machine wanted to tip to the chain side.
Spoke to a few people this weekend who asked about the Snowdog though. Seem to be pretty popular.   Need more time to get used to mine still.    I was hoping for more trips out but not sure with the coming weather forecast.  

Like your 
idea of outriggers.  
Thanks!

Man - I HATE it when folks come up with common sense improvements like that.  Now, I gotta have some of those.  Good job Kent!   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
How do you get it through the brush and Lava to get to your sturgeon holes???