Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
going nuts waiting for Ice off. The ULTIMATE SET-UP
I hate this time of year waiting for Ice off.  spend to much money, cant sleep just waiting 
my life is fishing for kokanee and maybe sturgeon ( just bot my Idaho. fishing licence cost went up  about $15.)

I think I have this maybe more.  maybe to much over kill

The ULTIMATE SET-UP! Garmin LiveScope & Humminbird Mega 360

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWH66W_N...ourFishing

Trolling Efficiency for Salmon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kQya9_W...ownriggers

some new dodgers I just made.    sling blade, the other is I call, catch more fish dodger,    the other is just a big spinner blade.
[Image: DSCN2625.jpg]
[Image: DSCN2626.jpg]

see if I can make this work for something,  spoons made out of willowleaf blade
[Image: DSCN2635.jpg]

upload images[Image: DSCN2645.jpg]    
flaming gorge is the only open water, cant find the kokanee there yet   Big lake trout fishing is OK
I’m going to try and hit Jordanelle in March, when and where do you think you will start this year?
As am I. I have a virgin 2021 Tracker Classic in a storage unit, never been wet. You can imagine how itchy I am.
A good portion of Jordanelle is open water if you are willing to launch from the personal watercraft ramp.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Getting ready also but let’s hold off a bit I started a big project on the boat and need a tad bit more time, getting it ready to repaint the interior with zolatone, and this all started with a downrigger upgrade with new pedestals

[Image: E90-F4-F44-14-E2-48-F2-95-EA-2-ABD1-D0287-E8.jpg]

[Image: 277-EC559-13-E6-42-D2-80-F6-A8-DD70567-E9-B.jpg]

[Image: 0-F3-A1-AD5-02-DF-4-AAA-BE33-0-BBB1-E58799-B.jpg]

[Image: 52-E5-F399-8-A6-F-481-F-B3-AA-C3151-AC16901.jpg]
(02-13-2021, 08:46 PM)liketrolling Wrote: I hate this time of year waiting for Ice off.  spend to much money, cant sleep just waiting 
my life is fishing for kokanee and maybe sturgeon ( just bot my Idaho. fishing licence cost went up  about $15.)

I think I have this maybe more.  maybe to much over kill

The ULTIMATE SET-UP! Garmin LiveScope & Humminbird Mega 360

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWH66W_N...ourFishing

Trolling Efficiency for Salmon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kQya9_W...ownriggers

some new dodgers I just made.    sling blade, the other is I call, catch more fish dodger,    the other is just a big spinner blade.
[Image: DSCN2625.jpg]
[Image: DSCN2626.jpg]

see if I can make this work for something,  spoons made out of willowleaf blade
[Image: DSCN2635.jpg]

upload images[Image: DSCN2645.jpg]    
flaming gorge is the only open water, cant find the kokanee there yet   Big lake trout fishing is OK
Oh no I'm just getting started on my ice fishing, and I still have a snow goose hunt in March. Smile
Also have a couple small boat projects going on which I'm in no hurry at this time. Once the season kicks in it will be burn out time.  Big Grin
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(02-13-2021, 08:46 PM)liketrolling Wrote: ...cant sleep just waiting ... my life is fishing for...maybe sturgeon...

Robert IMNSHO you have your priorities reversed, but the good thing is as long as you are fishing for kokanee you aren't sore-mouthing the sturgeon. Wink  Last week, I also purchased my Idaho fishing license and also the invasive species sticker.
Come on Guys!  Let me get some use out of the new SnowDog before you get me all riled up for boat fishing.  Sheeeeesh!   Big Grin

I just barely got my boat batteries pulled and stored.  I might put them back in about April AFTER I get back from my Texas turkey/pig hunt.  Besides, I don't have any new boat upgrades planned for this year.  
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(02-14-2021, 04:54 PM)dubob Wrote: Come on Guys!  Let me get some use out of the new SnowDog before you get me all riled up for boat fishing.  Sheeeeesh!   Big Grin

I just barely got my boat batteries pulled and stored.  I might put them back in about April AFTER I get back from my Texas turkey/pig hunt.  Besides, I don't have any new boat upgrades planned for this year.  
We agree - we too want to hold to ice fishing a little while longer, but if you're not into ice fishing - it is good time to get the boat ready for ice off. We added  trick step stairs to our boat trailer to make it easier for Jeff at launching/retrieval with his replaced knees and all but we haven't yet been able really try them out except in the garage.  Undecided
(02-14-2021, 04:54 PM)dubob Wrote: Come on Guys!  Let me get some use out of the new SnowDog before you get me all riled up for boat fishing.  Sheeeeesh!   Big Grin

I also need to get some use out of my new ice machine.  My batteries never left my boat, so it is also ready to go.
You guys better hurry.

Looking at the camera for the Provo boat harbor it is all open water and it was barely cold enough to snow in Heber yesterday.
Where do you buy your dodger blanks?
(02-14-2021, 07:28 PM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote: Where do you buy your dodger blanks?
https://hagensfish.com/

down load there catalog       it says min order 100 but they will sell you whatever you want.
page 62, 71,  73,       parts,   page 87.  to 92      

floats that work 94 to 97    glow beads 122.    hooks page 145-166    gamakatsu page 166

best hooks for kokanee P 167 split/drop shot hooks size 2  but they are not cheep.
(02-14-2021, 06:34 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: You guys better hurry.

Looking at the camera for the Provo boat harbor it is all open water and it was barely cold enough to snow in Heber yesterday.

Wow, that happened fast.  About 4 days ago I watched a guy walk across the ice.
Thank you! The minimum order always scared me away. Guess I'll be placing an order.

Thanks again!
Nice glow on that first set of dodger Robert, I especially like the ones with the dots, impressive. If you have time on your hands, maybe you can make a few extras, to sell Big Grin
(02-14-2021, 10:16 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 06:34 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: You guys better hurry.

Wow, that happened fast.  About 4 days ago I watched a guy walk across the ice.
Yeah I was watching the same thing at the first of the week.

Took a drive around Deer Creek today and the ice is retreating there too. There is a small spot on the north shore across from the island and a larger open area at mid lake around Deckers Canyon. The open water area around the main boat ramp has made its way up to the edge of Rainbow Bay and is almost down to the buoys by the dam.

If the next round of storms has any wind with it they might blow the ice clear off.
(02-14-2021, 11:04 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice glow on that first set of dodger Robert, I especially like the ones with the dots, impressive. If you have time on your hands, maybe you can make a few extras, to sell Big Grin

+1
Robert,
You have the same electronic set up as in the video? That should be a dream machine... I just bought a new Helix 9, but it's the GN3 so it must be last years model... What do the GN4's have that the 3's didn't? Starting to feel like I bought old tech again... But it's supposed to work with the Mega 360, so I'm hoping I'll still be able to use that... I really think the 360 should work for my shallow fishing ponds, so I hope I'm correct... Excited to give it a try anyway.... Guess I'll still be buying 360 components when I can afford them, I couldn't swallow the whole expense at one time... want to get it set up so it will work on ice as well... think it should be a good set up... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!