Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West coast shore line in Idaho?
Have you heard about the proposal called Greater Idaho? Not sure if it will ever happen but it sounds like there are a lot of people in Oregon and Northern Cal that want to leave their states and be a part of Idaho. If it happens that would give Idaho beach front property. What are you thought?
[Image: Greater-Idaho-map.png]
Great, be able to fish the ocean without buying a out of state license. I see Oregon is going to put it to vote this year.
A quick study of your US Government 101 would tell you that is unconstitutional.
(02-28-2021, 05:43 AM)MMDon Wrote: A quick study of your US Government 101 would tell you  that is unconstitutional.
Of course you are correct but things in the constitution have changed before, could this be another change? If it happened, I don't see it happening overnight, lots of hoops to jump through but what would you think would be the pros and cons about a plan like this? Myself, I would hate to see folks from those two states bringing their politics with them and trying to change Idaho but having a state that big could bring some positive things to Idaho.
(02-28-2021, 02:21 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 05:43 AM)MMDon Wrote: A quick study of your US Government 101 would tell you  that is unconstitutional.
Of course you are correct but things in the constitution have changed before, could this be another change? If it happened, I don't see it happening overnight, lots of hoops to jump through but what would you think would be the pros and cons about a plan like this? Myself, I would hate to see folks from those two states bringing their politics with them and trying to change Idaho but having a state that big could bring some positive things to Idaho.
N. Cal has been wasting their money trying to secede and become the state of Jefferson for years. It would have to be ratified by 2/3rds the states in the US plus pass muster in the California congress. I can't see it. LOL
Probably won't happen, but I believe Oregon is trying to put it on a ballot this fall.
I see a group from Oregon was at the state house in Boise last week presenting it to our legislature.