Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay
Wink 
[Image: IMG-20210302-120631653-HDR.jpg]Walked out the door at 10 this morning. Day was warming up and no wind. Heard Willard Bay calling my name.  Pulled the SS Rocky out of the RV barn and was at the north marina by  11. Spent the next three hours dragging a silver and blue Tube Dude flig dressed with a little marinated chicken.  Mostly stayed inside the marina and about noon found the silly kitty that stood between me and a skunk.  Fishing was slow, but it was fishing.

Larry
Nice going Larry.   I am planning to meet Rocky at the north marina tomorrow about 1300.  Gonna get his new boat wet, but probably not fishin.  
Think I may go up to Bear River Thursday or Friday, soak some shrimp and drown some worms. Try to start my stock of Cat bait with some early season carp.  

Gonna use next week, while I don't have any doctor appts. to get my boat out of storage and ready for the season.  Used last month to get my cataracts removed. Should be getting new close distance glasses about end of this month. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Way ta pull the starter rope.  What depth inside the harbor and what water temp?
(03-02-2021, 11:03 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Way ta pull the starter rope.  What depth inside the harbor and what water temp?
Pat, I wasn't smart enough to take my battery.  Always takes a trip or two in the spring to get it right. Not sure on the depth (I'd guess 10 feet or so). Ice has been off for a month but I don't the water temp was 40 degrees.

(03-02-2021, 10:51 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Nice going Larry.   I am planning to meet Rocky at the north marina tomorrow about 1300.  Gonna get his new boat wet, but probably not fishin.  
Think I may go up to Bear River Thursday or Friday, soak some shrimp and drown some worms. Try to start my stock of Cat bait with some early season carp.  

Gonna use next week, while I don't have any doctor appts. to get my boat out of storage and ready for the season.  Used last month to get my cataracts removed. Should be getting new close distance glasses about end of this month. 
Forest seems like I'm spending way too much of my golden years in the doctor's office. Tell Rocky I'm taking good care of the SS Rocky.
I can read it here, Larry. I plan to launch the new SS Rocky tomorrow, as mentioned. Had to call a plumber for a leak but he should be here and gone by noon (fingers crossed) so I can get to Willard by 1-ish.

Winter must be cataract time. Had my second one swapped out a week ago. Got the all clear to resume activities today. Ya and Wooo!
Good catch! I respect anyone that avoids a skunk at Willard this time of year!
(03-03-2021, 12:47 AM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I can read it here, Larry. I plan to launch the new SS Rocky tomorrow, as mentioned. Had to call a plumber for a leak but he should be here and gone by noon (fingers crossed) so I can get to Willard by 1-ish.

Winter must be cataract time. Had my second one swapped out a week ago. Got the all clear to resume activities today. Ya and Wooo!

Yep.  Been needing to get it done since last summer, but didn't want to take a break in my fishin time. Then the holidays. Figured late January to February was good time. Had left eye done on 2 Feb and right eye on 23 Feb.  Still have one more final eye check on 17 Mar, and will need to get new glasses to correct the close up vision, but distance vision is good to go. 

Good luck with the plumber. See ya about 1300. 

Cool
Plumber not here yet. Every minute, it looks like I won't make it by 1 pm - maybe not at all today. My next chance is Friday.
Didn't get there. Plumber finished and I was racing to get out the door when the phone rang. Had to re-do some medical lab work for an appointment tomorrow. Must do this afternoon. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!

Now looking at Friday for the maiden launch of SS Rocky II
(03-03-2021, 08:27 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Didn't get there. Plumber finished and I was racing to get out the door when the phone rang. Had to re-do some medical lab work for an appointment tomorrow. Must do this afternoon. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!

Now looking at Friday for the maiden launch of SS Rocky II

OK, I was there til about 1320. Figured you got held up.   

Cool