Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beads for Lure Making
Like Kim Komando's game of "Brand New Or Not True," I wonder if some of my creative ideas might catch fish, so read my ideas and tell me if you think it has merits for catching fish.

Ryan at work asks me often if I want overtime work.  I always reply that I'm committed to whatever is best for the company.  But, he persists and asks: "But, what would you prefer?"  I tell him that more overtime is good for fishing because I have more money for more fishing equipment (not that I need even more, but I'm crazy that way).  Then I add, that no overtime is also good for fishing because I would have more time for fishing Smile

When working a lot and not fishing a lot, I tend to think of fishing a lot and have a willingness to apply my creativity to new ways to catch fish.  I remember TieDyeTwins said think like a fish.  This evening at Walmart, I must have been thinking like a fish, because I saw some flashy shiny objects that I bought, so fish might like them, too.

My thinking is the Gulp Minnows that absorb the attractor scent solution works though I'm always trying to experiment with what else might work and I've seen so much in the way of lures that use plastic beads.  I don't know what is attractive to a fish about a plastic bead, but I suppose they work or so many lures wouldn't have them.  I've even bought quite a collection of plastic beads for some time in the future that I might experiment with making some lures with them or adding them to lures.  I also know that fish are attracted to salmon eggs, both real and artificial.

Pictured is what I bought.  I saw these new things: colorful "water beads" and also "Splat-R-Ball" with the package saying: "makes 20,000."

https://splatrball.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAv6...HqEALw_wcB

These tiny dots of little orange balls grow to 7.5 mm when put into water.  I decided they would be good for catching fish if instead of water, I put them in the Gulp Alive attractant liquid for the beads to absorb that instead of water.  Interestingly, they are orange -- just like salmon eggs!  That's an odd repurposing from toy gun ammunition, but I think it should catch fish.  I get creative that way!

Working overtime and not having time for fishing gets me crazy like that in thinking of creative ways to catch fish.  I should have some time to go fishing soon to try them out.  I haven't even tried out the mesh tubes of my previous creativity: 

https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...id=1096067  Gulp Alive Attractant 

Recharger:  https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/berkley-...lsrc=aw.ds

I also remember seeing ice fishing lures with fine chain to a hook and figured I can make my own, so I bought some fine chain and that is also in the picture.

(Still haven't successfully posted a picture within a post, but here it is as an attachment)

Is this CRAZY or will it work?  My version of Brand New Or Not True?

Ronald    Smile[Image: WIN-20210312-00-12-20-Pro.jpg]
Good luck. You never know when it comes to what fish will strike.
Any luck with your bead theory? I like your enthusiasm when it comes to wondering what causes fish to strike objects no way representative of prey. In fact on a daily basis I feed a school of a few dozen sunfish tiny pieces of bread. They charge the little bread balls as soon as they hit the water. In fact, they've been conditioned to follow me when I arrive and walk to the usual location.

If bread makes sunfish go nuts, what about soft plastics that resemble nothing in nature. Take this lure I made fusing one part of a lure to another part from the same lure:
[Image: YRcAVcA.jpg]

I call it the Claw. It has proven itself by catching over 30 fish of all sizes and four species of fish in the last week. No scent used.

* In fact there is no logical reason scent would work in that scent has never been proven to make fish attack or to hold on to a lure longer. Just my opinion.

I'd just a soon sit in my basement, smoking my favorite pipe tobacco while watching TV and making new lure designs. Talk about addictive! 

Maybe something you should consider trying because once you start catching fish on your creations, there's no limit to the combinations and unique designs you'll think up. When it comes to lures that incite the strike, consider this: shape and size determine lure action and lure action means everything when it comes to lures.  

For some ideas, read some of my posts to see a few of the lures I always stock that have done so well over the years since their creation. Any questions please ask.

Who says you must use worms to catch catfish?

As to your question about how to post images, there are a few ways.
1. There are different photo storage sites. My favorite is imgur.com. Open the image up and in the box that shows BBC code (5th button down), press copy. In your post, press Ctrl + V to copy the address anywhere in your post and the photo will be shown immediately.

2. If you keep photos organized in image folders on your pc, you can add them by pressing the Add image to post button. It allows you to drag and drop the image into the square or add a website address photo link.

Remember, only 10 photos per post or reply.