Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2020 2021 Ice Fishing Contest WINNERS
What a great contest this year. So many great catches. So many great trips. And most important we are all still alive....and ready for the CAT contest to begin. You will notice one name (Eylayo) on many of the winner slots - great year my friend. Congrats.

The Big Winner was Forest. Carey and I just watched the posts and enjoyed the photos. Forest did all the hard work by recording all the posts and keeping the spreadsheet up and tapping my shoulder to check a post when I forgot. I will have a special gift sent his way when he PMs me a shipping address.

Now....drum roll....

Total Inches/rank goes to Eylayo for 254 inches

Largest and smallest in each category
    - Panfish 13.5" perch (Eylayo) and 5.0" Greensunfish (Catchinon)
    - Trout 24" Cut (Wiperslayer2) and 9.5" Golden (Eylayo)
    - Bass 18" Bucketmouth (Eylayo) and 4" wiper (Eylayo)
    - Predator 31.5" Musky (skunkedagain) and 13" Walleye (dailyangler)
    - Other 24" Burbout (joatmon) and 4" shiner (Eylayo)

Most species Eylayo with 20

No entries for catch outside Utah

No entries for new members taken and taught ice fishing

If you are a big winner - PM me a ship to address for prizes worth up to dollars (that may be a copyright infringement)

If you think I have errored in the awards tally - let me know. I am doing taxes too so it would be good to know if my calculator is off Smile

Cheers and happy catting
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
" Forest did all the hard work by recording all the posts and keeping the spreadsheet up and tapping my shoulder to check a post when I forgot. I will have a special gift sent his way when he PMs me a shipping address."

Lance, I don't need any special gift, thanks. Being retired and not an ice fisherman (what would I do with ice if I caught it)  Big Grin  Big Grin 
  keeping tabs on the contest kept me in touch with the group and gave me something to stay occupied.  
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Thanks Lance and Forest, it was a lot of fun..... Shawn congrats on an outstanding effort this year, you really rocked it... Having been on the ice with you a couple times, you out fished me every time, you're a great fisherman congrats... Ira & Brett well done as well, lots of great competition to make this fun and keep each other on our toes... Was a fun year, thanks all that participated and I enjoyed fishing with as many of you as I had the chance to this year... BTW Brett, your rod tether you gave me saved a rod at flaming gorge when I had dozed off and a fish decided to take it all... Thank you... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Another fun season in the books. Thanks to everyone that allowed me to fish with them. I enjoyed the company and the shared experiences. Met a bunch of new faces and got to test some of their fun fishy toys. Contest was fun this year. I had a great time chasing several new species and new water. Definitely found some puddles that are worth exploring further. Thanks Forest and Cowboy for keeping tally on the entries. Let’s hope next year you’ll be out on ice chasing your own winning fish.
I had a great time participating. Good job folks! Very fun and thank you everyone. A lot of first ice fish and new experiences for me. Excited for next year.  I wish there was an all species contest for Open Water, catfish only excite me occasionally. Thanks again everyone
(03-22-2021, 04:25 AM)DailyAngler Wrote: I had a great time participating. Good job folks! Very fun and thank you everyone. A lot of first ice fish and new experiences for me. Excited for next year.  I wish there was an all species contest for Open Water, catfish only excite me occasionally. Thanks again everyone
We tried an all species contest like the ice challenge one summer and I thought it would be the best contest ever. Ended up no one was interested and it fell flat on its face. I still think it would be a lot of fun, but we need a lot more support to make it happen. If I remember correctly we couldn’t even get ten people to sign up, let alone enter fish. 
If we could find the interest, I still think it would be a great contest to get me to try new areas and increase my range. If you will help talk it up and find a big enough interest base I think we could get something going. I could post a survey asking for interest on the main Utah board and if you could help fan the interest we’ll see what happens. I think we would need 20 minimum to sign up to be worth doing it. Are you game? Later Jeff
Well you can count me in. Good idea to gauge peoples interest.  For now maybe ill enter the cat contest anyway.
Jeff let's post the survey. I would love a simple total species contest and would help with it.. it fits into my goals to catch every Utah species in a year.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(03-22-2021, 04:54 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Jeff let's post the survey. I would love a simple total species contest and would help with it.. it fits into my goals to catch every Utah species in a year.
Might be the easiest way to do the contest, and then size wouldn’t be the pusher just finding different species. Is that what you have in mind?  That would be easier and could encourage folks to try new places.  I like it. Do we want to ask about different options on the contest in the survey or just keep it simple? Thanks Jeff
(03-23-2021, 03:39 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 04:54 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Jeff let's post the survey. I would love a simple total species contest and would help with it.. it fits into my goals to catch every Utah species in a year.
Might be the easiest way to do the contest, and then size wouldn’t be the pusher just finding different species. Is that what you have in mind?  That would be easier and could encourage folks to try new places.  I like it. Do we want to ask about different options on the contest in the survey or just keep it simple? Thanks Jeff

I am not sure how much flexibility you have in a survey. If we can ask about general interest level and type of category that would be good info.

Still need a ship to address from wiperslayer2, skunkedagain and joatmon if you want your ice fishing contest prize.