Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Dell report
Little Dell is ice free from the inlet to about 100 yards west of the mats. Fished a couple of hours and managed to catch a couple. Definitely not fast action but nice to stick some this early. Water is crazy low, looks like at least 30 ft down from high water mark. Hopefully we have enough snow to fill it this year.

[Image: IMG-E8120.jpg][Image: IMG-E8124.jpg][Image: IMG-E8125.jpg][Image: IMG-E8131.jpg][Image: IMG-E8130.jpg][Image: IMG-E8133.jpg][Image: IMG-E8126.jpg]
Thanks for the report and fine pictures.  It's Sad to see the water so low but we have a lot of reservoirs like that this year.

Lake Powell is 32' lower than it was this time last year.

It looks like you had great weather for the trip.
Wow, that is super low!

Thanks for the report. I might head up there this weekend unless my buddy talks me into tubing Lost Creek. Usually fishes well in April.
"We fish for pleasure... I for Mine, you for yours."  -James Leisenring
(04-08-2021, 07:09 PM)Joe_Dizzy Wrote: Wow, that is super low!

Thanks for the report. I might head up there this weekend unless my buddy talks me into tubing Lost Creek. Usually fishes well in April.

Lake Powell is almost 35' lower now than this time last year. Sad

Lost Creek and Birch Creek are a couple of my favorite northern waters. 

What did you think about them making Lost Creek a new State Park?

I think it's great so that the public can gain access to the whole reservoir and there will be someone there to keep an eye on things.  The wakeless rule and the slot limits give it the potential for an outstanding fishery for years to come.
(04-08-2021, 09:15 PM)gofish435 Wrote: What did you think about them making Lost Creek a new State Park?

I think it's great so that the public can gain access to the whole reservoir and there will be someone there to keep an eye on things.  The wakeless rule and the slot limits give it the potential for an outstanding fishery for years to come.

I actually didn't know that, but figured it was inevitable once they paved the access road and stocked it with Kokanee Salmon.

Hoping they keep the wakeless rule. Might be increasing pressure to change that in coming years.

So there is expanded access around the reservoir now? That would be exciting to explore. Always wanted to check out that main lake point and upper arm... long way with a float tube from the boat launch though! Tongue
"We fish for pleasure... I for Mine, you for yours."  -James Leisenring
(04-08-2021, 07:09 PM)Joe_Dizzy Wrote: Wow, that is super low!

Here are some pictures from the dam side I took this morning.  It may take a while to fill up this year if it fills completely at all.
[Image: IMG-8185.jpg][Image: IMG-8184.jpg][Image: IMG-8183.jpg][Image: IMG-8186.jpg]
(04-08-2021, 09:40 PM)Joe_Dizzy Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 09:15 PM)gofish435 Wrote: What did you think about them making Lost Creek a new State Park?

Hoping they keep the wakeless rule. Might be increasing pressure to change that in coming years.

So there is expanded access around the reservoir now? That would be exciting to explore. Always wanted to check out that main lake point and upper arm... long way with a float tube from the boat launch though! Tongue

With the shape of that reservoir it would be dangerous to have ski boats on it so I think it will stay wakeless.

I'm not sure when they will pull the gate but I wouldn't expect that to happen until they have a chance to add some facilities up there.  

I'm with you, it's long way to go to the inlet in a float tube. Sad
Haven't seen it that low since it was built.

May as well go up and see what structure I have been missing, maybe try for a Brookie. They have to be concentrated with that little of water.
(04-18-2021, 04:45 PM)Gone Forever Wrote: Haven't seen it that low since it was built.

May as well go up and see what structure I have been missing, maybe try for a Brookie.  They have to be concentrated with that little of water.

I have fished there for years and have yet to catch a brook trout. Before the dam was built I caught many browns out of Mountain Dell creek. One would think there would be some browns lurking in Little Dell but I have never heard of one being caught there either. Would love to see a recent picture of a brook or brown caught in there.  I know years ago the DNR electro shocked brook trout there but I wonder if they still exist.