Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cookie's Willard Walleye
This is Cookie, I figured it's high time to officially register. Glad to be on board. Now, as far as my Willard Walley is concerned, Pirate may be weaving a fish tale. Yes we were fishing the north marina, and yes I took home 4 walleye. However, they came from a very nice member of the DNR. They were netting spawners to help the hatchery. They ended up with these 4 and we happened to be there. So in other words, you guys are doing it the hard way. I just have to Smile and  act interested.  Wink  Pat, add that to your Willard book  Wink No whiskers today. We were late getting started and couldn't stay long. Will probably head back tomorrow. Or might go spy on John and Paul at the bird refuge. Can't figure that place out.
Then she has the nerve to make me fillet them

No justice for us guys, at all.

[Image: 20210318-132545.jpg]

geojson python
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(03-18-2021, 10:03 PM)CookiePirate Wrote: This is Cookie, I figured it's high time to officially register. Glad to be on board. Now, as far as my Willard Walley is concerned, Pirate may be weaving a fish tale. Yes we were fishing the north marina, and yes I took home 4 walleye. However, they came from a very nice member of the DNR. They were netting spawners to help the hatchery. They ended up with these 4 and we happened to be there. So in other words, you guys are doing it the hard way. I just have to Smile and  act interested.  Wink  Pat, add that to your Willard book  Wink No whiskers today. We were late getting started and couldn't stay long. Will probably head back tomorrow. Or might go spy on John and Paul at the bird refuge. Can't figure that place out.
Nice haul Cookie and welcome to the site, officially that is. When I read Cowboys picture post on that other thread I knew something was up, glad you cleared up my confusion. I know members that catch eyes this time of the year at Willard but from my experience it is a tough thing to do, without a net. Glad you figured out a way around that problem. Big Grin By the way, how long was that biggest eye?
(03-18-2021, 10:50 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 10:03 PM)CookiePirate Wrote: This is Cookie, I figured it's high time to officially register. Glad to be on board. Now, as far as my Willard Walley is concerned, Pirate may be weaving a fish tale. Yes we were fishing the north marina, and yes I took home 4 walleye. However, they came from a very nice member of the DNR. They were netting spawners to help the hatchery. They ended up with these 4 and we happened to be there. So in other words, you guys are doing it the hard way. I just have to Smile and  act interested.  Wink  Pat, add that to your Willard book  Wink No whiskers today. We were late getting started and couldn't stay long. Will probably head back tomorrow. Or might go spy on John and Paul at the bird refuge. Can't figure that place out.
Nice haul Cookie and welcome to the site, officially that is. When I read Cowboys picture post on that other thread I knew something was up, glad you cleared up my confusion. I know members that catch eyes this time of the year at Willard but from my experience it is a tough thing to do, without a net. Glad you figured out a way around that problem. Big Grin By the way, how long was that biggest eye?

The longest was about 21 inches. The DNR guy said it was small, that they were netting 28 inchers.
(03-18-2021, 10:17 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Then she has the nerve to make me fillet them

geojson python
Do you have to cook them up as well? If not, that is a fair exchange, you clean them and she cooks them Smile Now if you have to cook them as well, then that's not a deal at all.
 Last time I was in Alabama, my cousin and I went out fishing for cats and we caught at least 50. we gave some away at the ramp to some shore fishermen, then took about 30 or 35 home. I figured we would be filleting cats for hours but my cousin told me his wife would do it. I was surprised and figured she would say, "No Way" but she didn't, then he said, when are you going to have those fish cooked up!!! She looked at him and calmly said, it won't be today.
(03-18-2021, 10:17 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Then she has the nerve to make me fillet them

geojson python
Great fillet board.
(03-18-2021, 11:09 PM)TubeDude Wrote:

geojson python
Great fillet board.
Yes it is. Must have been hand crafted by a true fisherman and then gifted down to a hope-to-be someday one. That bubba cordless is a winner winner chicken ( or in this case walleye) dinner too.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(03-18-2021, 10:03 PM)CookiePirate Wrote: Or might go spy on John and Paul at the bird refuge. Can't figure that place out.
It doesn't matter how you get some tasty eyes, they are hard to come by. Nice. 

It has taken me a lot exploring to find a few productive spots.  Even then the fish can give you the middle fin.  Had my share of skunky smelling days many times out there. Compared to Utah Lake, the river is an awful place to fish for cats.  Just not nearly the numbers.  BUT, there are some big cats in the river, if you can find them, and if they aren't already full, and if you have the right bait, hold your mouth a certain way, then do a fish dance before casting, etc.
(03-18-2021, 11:03 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

geojson python
Do you have to cook them up as well? If not, that is a fair exchange, you clean them and she cooks them Smile Now if you have to cook them as well, then that's not a deal at all.
 Last time I was in Alabama, my cousin and I went out fishing for cats and we caught at least 50. we gave some away at the ramp to some shore fishermen, then took about 30 or 35 home. I figured we would be filleting cats for hours but my cousin told me his wife would do it. I was surprised and figured she would say, "No Way" but she didn't, then he said, when are you going to have those fish cooked up!!! She looked at him and calmly said, it won't be today.

Does this answer your question?

[Image: 20210318-185145.jpg]
That makes me cry. Looks soooo great.
Bring the walleye guts. I've caught cats on them. You can also bring me a wally sandwich. LOL Big Grin
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Cookie, you tell him you did all the hard work catching them and it's fair enough that he does his half fileting and frying. Big Grin Rolleyes
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.