Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Float Tubes - The Pandemic effect
I don't know if anyone has been looking around to purchase a new float tube but I looked the other day on the Outcast Boats site, the folks that make pontoons and the Fish Cat series kick boats.  They have six models of u-tubes and they are all out of stock.  I looked on Amazon and they offered a fish cat with a 19 week delivery, what happened to prime overnight? Tongue

This would be a good time if anyone has one they want to sell.  I guess that is why the DWR sold around 100,000 more fishing licenses last year.

Crazy! 
(03-25-2021, 02:44 AM)gofish435 Wrote: I don't know if anyone has been looking around to purchase a new float tube but I looked the other day on the Outcast Boats site, the folks that make pontoons and the Fish Cat series kick boats.  They have six models of u-tubes and they are all out of stock.  I looked on Amazon and they offered a fish cat with a 19 week delivery, what happened to prime overnight? Tongue

This would be a good time if anyone has one they want to sell.  I guess that is why the DWR sold around 100,000 more fishing licenses last year.

Crazy! 
I know last year there were a lot of folks out fishing that were never there the year before, especially during the week, sure hope that changes this year. I would bet the amount of all outdoor gear and equipment had huge increases last year and it would not surprise me if a lot of those companies had their produces in short supply even now.
Yep, last spring/summer you couldn't find any fishing tackle anywhere, in the fall guns, ammo and other hunting related items were scarce. Prices have gone up on equipment. Due to this, it pushed me further into self sufficiency, by making as much fishing equipment as I can, now I don't know why I didn't start this earlier. Now looking at reloading as ammo is scarce.
Much higher demand + reduced supply. All due to The Great Covidiocy.

There also is no such thing as "weekday". Every day is like the former weekend crowding, whether you're talking fishing, golfing, or anything else. The whole world is "off" and looking to recreate.

Oh, and rotsa ruck trying to start reloading ammo. There's even less of those supplies around than factory ammo.
Yea, I've noticed that powder and bullets are in short supply. But still will start gathering things up as I can find them.
(03-25-2021, 02:44 AM)gofish435 Wrote: I don't know if anyone has been looking around to purchase a new float tube but I looked the other day on the Outcast Boats site, the folks that make pontoons and the Fish Cat series kick boats.  They have six models of u-tubes and they are all out of stock.  I looked on Amazon and they offered a fish cat with a 19 week delivery, what happened to prime overnight? Tongue

Crazy! 
I have a Classic Accessories Cumberland and I know they're going for LOT more money than I paid for mine, three years ago. Something like $400 (I paid $150 for mine). Ouch!!!